Treatment side effects

Alimta reactions

Is this the proper place to ask about experiences with Alimta. My husband is so sick today after 4th treatment with Alimta on last WEd. He can't eat, is very fatiqued. He also has some unrelated back pain that he is treating with oxycocdone because he couldn't deal with morphine. He has lost quite a bit of weight. WE are so worried. Any suggestions?

Is he getting any nausea meds with treatment. You may want to check and see if it's a possibility. I know when I was having trouble with nausea they gave me phenegrin. You may want to talk to the doc. I will keep you and husband in my prayers.

GOD BLESS!!!

Jamie

YES! YES!

My mom's first line chemo was carbo/taxol and she had very little side effects at all. Then she started Alimta and after her 4th treatment, she was as sick as a dog!! It was coming from both ends for days and days. I was very worried at the time, but she pulled out of it like a champ. It got to the point at treatment # 5 and 6 that she would dread the weeks after treatment bc she knew how sick she would be. She lost like 6-10 pounds a week during her Alimta treatments. She has snce regained the weight, but yes, it was very rough on her.

Hang in there!

Lori, thanks for sharing about your mom. It helps so much. Drs. keep saying that people tolerate the alimta so well. My husband is very sick and has two more treatments to go. He just can't eat.

Hi, we have not met as yet.

Brian's dx seems to be similar to that of your husband.

Brian has had one infusion of Alimta.

He is very sick.

He is also taking Sandostatin because his tumors have a weird cellular structure.

Brian's appetite is non-existant and he spends a lot of time in bed.

We just want to let you know that you are not alone and that we care. I pray that your husband and Brian will get some good tumor reduction for putting up w/ the Alimta side effects.

We will remember you in prayer as we do all our friends on LCSC.

pat

Thanks for your good wishes. Rod is not in bed. He is on some strong pain medication and has spent at least 7 hours today just walking, walking , walking back and forth in our small house. He is so drugged we really can't have a conversation or watch tv. Every now and then he sits down and immediately falls asleep. The worst of this for me is that the drs. say the pain for which he is taking the medication has nothing to do with the cancer. I am at my wits end. I will call yet again tomorrow for advise and hopefully some kind of answer. I am not counting on getting any satisfaction. He did eat more today than he has in long time so I guess I am grateful for small favors. He also has lots of stomach pain and wants pain meds for that too. I really don't know what to do. I am good at feeling sorry for myself! Glad I have this place to vent.