LI walk was great

bunny

hey all. I just got back from my first LC walk, for Cancercare Long Island. great turnout, and they raised $95,000.00! there's sad bond there, but a lot of hope. I only spoke with ONE other survivor's famiy member.

I am honored to have been a part of it, and I am fired up to put a walk together next year!

xoxo

amie

PS. my friends/family/co-workers, along with my brother's, donated $1800.00! amazing.

I was there also. We got another couple friends of ours to do it with us. It was a great day and it was a great turnout. This was my first walk and it really felt great. We were able to raise$1,400. I was so proud of everyone that helped.

I am sorry I didnt meet up with aimee, but it seems like she knew who we were. =)

that's right, cindi. I sold kisses to raise money. I stood times square and charged $1. a pop, $5. if they were over 70 years old. :lol:

cancercare is an organization that does advocacy, support, counseling, education and direct financial assistance for people with cancer. their lung cancer 'arm' is run entirely out of their Long Island office, and all the money raised yesterday goes there. they were a huge help to me before I found LCSC. if/when I do MY OWN walk, I would probably pick a different org. :wink: but they are a deserving recipient of the money. the walk was started 3 years ago by a woman who passed away shortly after the 1st one, so it's powerful that it's still going.

I totally knew who Randi was but didn't put it all together until I got home and she emailed me - redhead, husband, little boy giving high fives and laughing!!

thanks for all the support guys.

xoxo

amie