Sorry another ?

elkiesmom

Gary has developed a rash which started about a two weeks ago.It looks like a half a glove on each hand. It starts on the wrist and goes up to the first joint of his fingers.The nurses saw it when gary went for his blood work up Friday(this is his week off from Chemo) and they gave him a creame. Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance Lorrie

Sorry for the rash on Gary's hands. Is it itchy? I don't have any suggestions. I am calling myself flake face cause that is the part of me that gets really dry from Tarceva or Temodar or both. I have been putting antiobiotic ointment around my nose and eyes. don't know if that would help but doubt if it would hurt. Continuing in prayer for ya'll. pammie

What chemo is he on?

One of my mom's chemos (I think it might have been Avastin) gave her neuropathy and a dry skin-like rash on hands and feet. Her onc nurse recommended Tiger Balm or Bag Balm and then cover hands with cotton gloves and feet with cotton socks. She carried a tube of really good hand cream everywhere.

If it's really itchy, maybe a cream with hydrocortizone (maybe prescription strength) can help.

~Suz

with his counts down he may have picked up a fungal infection of the skin (very common on the hands and feet of cancer patients. It doesn't mean we aren't clean. It means our immune systems are shot.) If you have a pet in the house then we are really at risk for all kinds of cooties.

Hope the rash clears soon.

Gary is on Carboplatian and Taxol. We went again today for a follow up blood test after his injection for his white cell count Friday and good news the count was up but his red cell count is still low. The nurse had given him Biafine creame to put on his hands and today we found cotton gloves to put on his hands after the creame is put on. We also today went into the infusion room and one of our Chemo nurses looked at Gary's hands and said that to her they seemed to look better and if it was her guess she thinks that maybe the injection(Aranesp) that he had for his red blood cell count two weeks ago might have caused this rash.It is not ichey just looks red and a little lumpy. Yes we do have three dogs and we might have to consider that also. We will be seeing the doctor Friday and then if his red blood cell count is ok Gary will start his last round of Chemo though Gary is thinking he might push out this last round of Chemo untill the first of the year since we are having our Daughter and sil and three grand kids fly in for Xmas and Gary wants to be his best when they are here. He will ask the doctor about that also on friday.I feel he should do chemo this frday and then if he wants to skip the next two until the first of the year. I just don't know what he should do but I am sure the ONC will know.I am sorry I am asking all these questions and not giving help to anyone else but I am still learning also.Thank you all for helping me out.

Lorrie