new lungs

jeffxxo

I have a question, I smoked for a year. I gave it up, and hate that I ever started. But how long does one's lungs take to renew themselves? Im in my last year of my 20's :D And just wondering, I cant say im in perfect shape but im pretty active. Also if lets say some guy I know :P Is going to get Life insurance and has only been smoke free for 3 weeks. Should he tell them he is/was a smoker? If something was to happen and they did a test and found he was a smoker ( or used to be ) would they cover him? Thanks! Jeff

Jeff let me start this off by telling you, telling the truth will save many problem's unforseen. As for the time line usually within 5 year's the Lung's have renewed them selve's and i believe i read after 15 year's what ever damage smoking caused is 90% resolved.There maybe newer info i'm not aware of but trust me on the truthfullness.....Larry

If the question asked is "Are you a smoker?" and you have not smoked in 3 weeks then answer truthfully. No. If the question is "Are you a smoker or have you ever been a smoker?" then answer truthfully, that you are a former smoker who smoked for only a single year.

Lieing is not a good idea. Ever.

I notice when I have had to fill out various forms lately they no longer ask if you smoked. The question is now something like..."Have you smoked over 120 cigarettes in your lifetime?" I may have the number wrong...but it's weird. I have seen this question come up from various sources so I think they're hip to the yes or no dilemma...