Newcomer in Illinois

Heather J

Hi,

My name is Heather. My Mother was diagnosed with SCLC with mets to the brain on 6/2/03. Since that time she went through 4 weeks of Carbo/Taxol and Whole brain radiation to erradicate the two small tumors in her brain (7mm) and (2mm). On 7/23/03 we were told based on the CT scan of the chest and brain that the tumors in the brain were gone as well as her Mass in her lower left lung had shrunk by over half. On 7/29/03 she started 12 more weeks of chemo (carbo/taxiterie sp?) She is much more tired and sick then before.

I have been looking over several websites since all of this started and today is the first time I have decided to register in any specific website. I want to thank all of you for giving me support over the last few months even though I never spoke with anybody.

I'm beginning to become so emotionally drained I thought this would be a perfect time to search out others who are dealing with this terrible disease. I hope to chat with many of you. This is such a wonderful site. I'm so lucky to have joined. :D