Irony?

MsC1210

Hi everyone,

I had posted before in the introduce yourself thread and I must say, all of the wonderful and warm responses were and are so much appreciated.

I wanted to share this with you all and thought maybe this would be the appropriate thread to do so.

I had been looking for a way to do SOMETHING to make some sort of difference in this horrible cancer riddled world we all have been touched by. I had been growing my hair for no reason, other than perhaps it was easier to just put it in a pony~tail and I was good to go each morning. I have been reading everything I can get my hands on regarding Cancer since Brad was diagnosed last September and in so doing came across the organization Locks of Love, based in Florida. (This is the organization that uses donated hair to make wigs for chemo patients) I had filed that page for some reason and came across it recently. I got thinking, so much of my life has changed since Brad's passing, maybe a personal change would be in order? So, off to the salon where I had 11 inches lopped off!!! WOW.. what an experience. I had total strangers stop to thank me, to congratulate me, and to just tell me what a fabulous gesture this was. To me, it is only hair, it will grow back.. but to someone undergoing the hell of chemo, it can be self~esteem and hope. I have never felt better about doing something in my life!!!

Now, the irony.... I got back home and picked up the mail. My Breathe Deep bracelets arrived that same day. :)

I just wanted to share this with you all and I hope it brightens someones day.

Hugs.....