dadstimeon

Lisa O

Hi Lisa, Thank you for asking, very kind of you. Hope all is well with you and your family. I did post in the general forum an update. Below is what I posted. Take care and enjoy your day! Rich

Thank you Randy and Everyone for asking--Well saw my oncologist, my PA for my leg, and went for a echo sound to make sure no blood clots, which there are not any yesterday. My kind of appointments three for the prize of one co-payment. The leg is healing but very slowly, still one wound open, but they are not very deep, only the surface or close to it. I just had a feeling something was wrong but in the past I could always tell when my platelets were down but the symptoms I used to get I don’t get any more. They are back down to 6000. So that is why the slow healing. Bruising like crazy, both my legs and feet are all black on blue. Red spots all over my body and bruises everywhere, just touch something and I bruise.

So they game plan is back (80mg) on Prednisone, stop the Plavix and Aspirin and go back on when they are back up to 30,000. Unlike the last time when I stayed off of it much longer and took the mild heart attack. Also going to get 4 infusions of Deluxin, I think that is how it is spelled but not sure, they give it to people with lymphoma. Maybe someone else has heard of the correct name? It should get my platelets to stay back up longer this time. No chemo until everything is stable and that will be Alimta. Not really worried per say about the nodules even though there are about 8, they are all very tiny. So we have time to spare. A little more concerned about the platelets happening so close together for the first time in 27 years. And if all else fails might have to nuke the lymph nodes in the I think stomach area, but my Doctor is not to keen on that. Were all confident this plan will work and back in the saddle soon.

The walk is keeping me busy and coming along thanks to Geri, Rochelle and the entire committee. But I also have to stay off my legs and keep them elevated. So have to cut back on my computer time.

OH and good news I did save a bunch of money on my Geico car insurance. Well not really but I love those commercials.

Well that is about it for now as the chemo drips for me. My spirits are good and my attitude is even better! Take care everyone and have a nice night.

Rich