bunny Posted September 13, 2006 Share Posted September 13, 2006 Well, the city officially lost not only the permit that was purportedly in the works, but our application as well. Joanie and I are both planning weddings ( ), my amazing team member Juanita Brown has been asked to do some other, incredible survivor work that she's going to be amazing at, and other team members had life catch up with them, as well. So, finding myself two months out with no permit and, therefore, no ability to 'go to press' with a date/time/location, we've agreed to postpone it. Katie B and Cate, from LUNGevity, were very supportive. Cate agreed that more time to plan and execute a springtime walk was more valuable than getting the NYC walk in during LC awareness month. We plan to do the walk in May, when the weather will be lovely (and it will still be within the same fiscal year for LUNGevity). So, sorry to have let some folks down but I am confident it has all worked out for the best. I love the idea of joining either the NJ (is that happening this year?) or Boston walks as a satellite walker. Thanks for nudging me Rich, I am embarassed to admit I thought I'd posted this a week ago, after I spoke with Cate. Call it bride brain, I am sorry to keep people hanging. xoxo amie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.