31 year old male here. need help.

Guest jayo27

i am 31 yrs old and have seen many doctors over the past year. I have pressure in the right side of my chest and my back hurts all the time. I wake up in the morning sweating and hotflash sensation all over my body. like there is some kind of infection all in me. my arms hurt and are weak. my nose stays full of mucous all the time. I am scared that there is something wrong with my lungs. I had a c.t. scan back in july that showed nothing. Before that multiple chest x-rays. and i have had alot of other tests done too. My question is, if i feel strongly that there is something going on with my lungs. what should i do? is there a possibility that the c.t. scan could have missed something. i dont have a bad cough. but the right side of my chest just doesnt feel right. i shake all the time too. al the doctors say that my lungs sound very clear when they listen to them. i have lost my appetite too. I feel like i am falling apart. Just tell me what you think. thanks, jason

HI Jason,

It sounds like you've had quite the ride for a 31 year old so far...

My mom had similiar symptoms, and she went misdiagnosed for over a year.

I'm not saying that I think you have cancer, but I think you owe it to yourself to leave the area that you've been tested at up until this point, and go to see another doc. A new set of eyes and ears could help your situation. Suggest a PET scan....and keep asking questions until you get satisfactory answers

Good Luck

Laura

Try not to panic (I know easier said then done), but visit a second, third and even fourth doctor until you receive satisfactory answers. I can't tell you how many stories I read about people being misdiagnosed (not to say you have cancer). But please don't take one doctors word...get a PET scan done. Blessings to you and that all turns out for the best.

Jason,

Go to the hospital where the scans, xrays, etc. were performed and obtain copies of all of the reports that were generated by these tests. Go out of your local area to another Physician. And if you don't get answers there keep going until you find someone who will investigate until you do have answers.

I have a type of Lung Cancer called Adenocarcinoma with Bronchioloalveolar Features. There is a pure type of Bronchioloalveolar Carcinoma (BAC for short), and there is debate in the medical community if pure BAC morphs into Adenocancer with BAC features over time.

I had a number of the symptoms you have described when I was in my late 20s and early 30s. A CT scan picked up my original tumor when I was 32 years old, but it wasn't identified as cancerous because it was speckled with calcium deposits. Unfortunately for me, the kind of cancer I have does present with calcium speckling in about 25% of cases... this can also show up in lymph nodes (even after the diagnosis my docs were telling me that the lymph node contained calcium and that meant that no malignancy. In my case this was wrong.)

The symptoms you describe don't mean that you have Lung Cancer. They can be indicative of other health problems. You may be best served by going to a physician who works out of a major medical center or large research hospital. Because I believe you and the sooner you find out what is going on the sooner you can start treatment for what ever the problem is and then feel better.

Fay A.

Jason, have you ever been tested for MS. Again not saying you have that but what you are experiencing seem to be some of the symptoms for MS. Of course, varies symptoms can lead to the possiblity of many illnesses. Also, sometimes our minds run away with fear of a problem and we have symptoms that don't mean anything but growing pains...what do the drs think is wrong with you? You say you have been to many.....