Accident

beckyg

When I took Katie to school this morning, there was a note posted on the door that said there was a fatal accident on Highway 21 outside of town this weekend, and the mother and grandmother of twin 3 year old boys in Katie's class were killed. Their 12 month old sister was hospitalized but will be okay. The boys and their 5 year old brother were at home.

It has never really impacted me to think that I could be hit by a car at anytime--that doesn't change the fact that I am fighting lung cancer every day when by rights I ought to be thinking about having another baby and enjoying my life in general. But this morning I read that and then got back in the car and cried all the way to work. I just kept thinking about those 4 children and their father--at least if lung cancer takes me out I will have had time to help Curtis plan for Katie. Prepare is definitely not the right word--Curtis and Katie will never be prepared, but they will at least have some warning.

Becky

Becky,

Oh what a horrible accident but they do happen everyday. your last paragraph you said about preparing your husband and darling daughter for the possibility of your passing. This brought tears to my eyes but yes you are right. That is the only thing cancer has going for it. It somehow brings people closer together. We learn to really love one another and not just go through the motions. We learn to live each day to the fullest. People with heart attacks such as my sister, or automobile accidents which took the life of my nephew when he was only 28 and had MS. They didn't get the time to say goodbye and will see you again in paradise.

But Becky, I am praying very hard for you and with your attitude, your fight, your love, only God knows your day, and who knows maybe there will be another little one to come along when you are on the road to recovery. God Bless Becky!