taxol? anyone know anything about it?

Guest kate218

got the results of the ct, the tumor on the liver enlarged a little instead of decreasing. They are putting my dad on this. Any good news with this? We were hoping that the results would be better.

Please keep Larry in your prayers.

Thank you.

Kate

Kate, my mama had growth also she has had etoposide, carboplatin, CPT-11, topotecan, and I posted here about what other chemo's she could have. Johnathon answered with Taxol. I did a little research of my on and learned a few more chemo's for small cell lung cancer. There is taxotere, Irinotecan,gemcitabine, mama's oncologist put her on taxotere. Taxotere and taxol are both made from the Yew tree. They both work similiar they inhibit cancer cell growth, which depends on the formation of an internal cellular skeleton made up of elements called microtubules. During the cell development cycle, microtubules first assemble and then disassemble, permitting cancer cells to divide and thus allow tumor growth. Taxotere and taxol essentially freezes the cancer cell's internal skeleton by promoting the assembly and blocking the disassembly of microtubules. This action prohibits cancer cell division, which causes cell death. Mama is doing better and we are pleased and I hope you will be just as pleased as we are. Hugs Lillie

Hi Kate,

I'm currently on Taxol and the results are better. Started 9 rounds in June 2003 thru Aug 2003. The CAT scan after that showed some nodules disappeared, some nodules grew smaller, and some new nodules developed. Opted for 6 more rounds starting in Sept 2003. Have 3 more rounds to go before my next CAT scan. So far I have been blessed regardless what chemo I've had I have been able to tolerate them very well. I had tried Gemzar and Carboplatin from Dec 2002 thru March 2003 with poor (nodules grew) results. Also click on the website below for more info on Taxol. Hope this helps. Take care and God Bless.

Rich :lol::lol::lol::lol:

http://www.lungcanceronline.org/treatme ... taxel.html

Guest kate218

Hi Rich,

I will pray that your results are better and better. You have nsclc,

my Dad has sclc. I hope it is just as affective.

God Bless you!

Kate