Does anyone know these txs????

Yesterday, my mom went for a PET scan and they found a mass in her lymph node on the left side (where the lung was removed). The questionable spots from the CAT did not show up on the PET. Her oncologist is suggesting either Tarceva (a chemo pill) with adavant or olymped (a chemo drug done interveneously)with adavant. He said both have about the same success rate, both good. So, now we have to choose. What has been your experiences with these txs, and why did you like /not like it. We have to respond soon! Thank-you all!!

Hi Jennifer,

I'm sorry your mom's reports weren't better. I've been taking Tarceva for 9 months and have had great success with it. Common side effects are a severe rash at about 2-3 weeks after starting the pill and diarrhea. I had the rash (controlled by Minocycline and Clindamycin) but not the diarrhea, thankfully.

I hope treatment goes well for your mom. Take care.

Trish

If you mean Alimta-- it was very hard on John (and others here). It was the worst one he was on--but it helped. Tarceva held him stable a long time and is easy to take. Avastin is an easy infusion and it is working miracles for John -- good luck with whatever you choose.

Thank you all! Sorry for my spelling. I gave the notes I took yesterday to my parents, and was typing this morning from a very cloudy, sleepy memory. I will pass your thoughts on to my mom! Thank you - it is so hard to talk about this with family and friends. I am always afraid that if I don't sound positive, they will say something to make me feel worse! Nice to know I can come here when I'm down...