Hydrazine sulfate or PolyMVA?

mwhcrew

We were recently told by a nutritionist to try using Hydrazine Sulfate and PolyMVA to fight cachexia in my mother. I of course won't start her on them until I've talked with her dr. about it. We have a meeting with the Dr. on Wednesday, and I'm a bit worried that she won't support using these supplements. From the very beginning she hasn't been very vocal about nutrition at all, saying my mom should eat whatever she wants. I know that cancer feeds on sugar, but even when I asked the doctor about it she didn't seem to think it matters. My mom loves her doctor, who is very nice, so I don't want to suggest she find someone else, but I have a hard time agreeing with her that nutrition doesn't matter. How can it not matter what you feed your body?! In any case, if anyone has any arguments either for or against hydrazine sulfate or polyMVA please let me know, I'd like to be prepared when I go in to the meeting Wednesday. Thanks!

I've been fighting this disease for almost 4 years... As recently as last week I asked my Onc if I should continue taking the vitamins on a particular trial I am on... As I've seen with many professionals in this field, he just shrugged his shoulders and said "I could if I wanted". Dr.s use very little counseling on nutrition as they truly don't believe it has much to do w/ fighting cancer.

Though I don't agree with them, I am afraid this is what you are going to find. I know a person who was given less than 3 months to live(melanoma)... he went on the "macro-biotic" diet and stayed on it for a year. He lost a bunch of weight and stated after he finished that diet, he went and had a Big Mac and got violently ill. That was over 15 years ago. That diet is pretty hard to stick with though, but I am convinced, and so is he, that's what cured him. Wish I could be of more help.

Cheryl

Personally I can offer no help, from a research point I can offer this info;

National Cancer Institute on Hydrazine Sulfate Link is this:

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/ ... te/patient

Basic overview is this below;

Hydrazine sulfate is a chemical compound that has been studied as a treatment for cancer and certain side effects caused by cancer (see Question 1).

Hydrazine sulfate may block the tumor from taking in glucose, which is a type of sugar that tumor cells need to grow (see Question 3).

In randomized clinical trials (a type of research study), hydrazine sulfate did not make tumors shrink or go away. In some randomized trials, however, hydrazine sulfate was reported to be helpful in treating anorexia and cachexia caused by cancer. (See Question 6.)

Hydrazine sulfate is sold as a dietary supplement in the United States. The US Food and Drug Administration has not approved the use of hydrazine sulfate as a cancer treatment, except in clinical trials (see Question 8).

this is the link for American Cancer Societies link to Poly MVA info. Lots here that is why the Link;

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/ETO/conte ... tearea=ETO

HOPE something here helps some and Good Luck