Bad breath and chemo

ejpritz

Has anyone ever developped extremly bad breath during or after chemo treatments?

My mother finished her cycle about 2 weeks ago.

It is not a matter of hygene I do not believe. The odor reminds me of my grandmother's breath when she was dying, it is unbearable and it is noticeable thoughout the whole room she is in.

I did not know if anyone had a similiar experience and new some tips or if this is something to be concerned about.

thanks guys

I think I have heard of others having bad breath associated with chemo. I googled chemo and bad breath and came up with a lot of hits. When I had my chemos, I went to have my teeth cleaned and told the dentist I was about to have chemo. He recommended a mouthwash to me, but I can't remember what it was. I am sure others will have some suggestions. Maybe you could call your mother's dentist and ask for a mouthwash recommendation. Your mother's oncologist should probably be made aware that she is having mouth problems too.

Don M