Help Please

Guest Cheryl Schaefer

Guest Cheryl Schaefer

Dick is still experiencing tremendous shortness of breath post surgery. Also has slight pneumonia. Saw Drs. yesterday at MD Anderson. Gave him antibiotifcs for the pneumonia. Said shortness of breath natural after surgery. The trip home today was horrific. Can anyone give me advice. I'm ready to check him back into the hospital here. He is not walking, etc. like he should because he feels so lousy. Help pls. Thanks, Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,

I never had lung (removal) surgery, but having other surgery (treble by-pass, spleen removed, biopsy on both lungs) it is of the up most importants to have Dick up and walking no matter how lousy he feels. Just take as many steps as he can and slowly increase them. Also call your doctor to relieve your mind and see what he/she suggests. That’s why they get the big bucks. Hope this helps my friend. Take care and God Bless.

Rich

Also just want to say you can always check with your family physician and see what he says. Sometimes we get so used to going to the oncologists etc, we forget our family doctors who are sometimes more helpful with the "other stuff" like pneumonia, infections. etc.