Introduction

Ru

Hi,

My mother-in-law has recently found out that she has cancer. The main tumour was in her kidney and had it removed immedietely. They also found a number of lesions in her lungs (I'm not sure what type of cancer it is).

She started immunetherapy treatment about 1 month after the operation. She had to stop treatment as she kept losing weight. She is constantly nauseaous and cannot keep food down. This happened immediately after the kidney removed. She has been in and out of hospital a number of times due to not eating. I've heard this happens to a lot of cancer patients.

On top of everything she has a bad stomach ulcer which they are treating. She is severley depressed. We are at a loss. At the moment it is not the cancer that is beating her but an eating disorder. I don't know if this is physical (the cancer may be causing it) or physcological.

I'll be on this board to gain more insight and hopefully help my mil

Cheers Ru

Hi Ru..

Glad u joined us. I can't speak to the symptoms that you describe but one thing i DO know, is that there are a lot of people out there who will and you will hear from them i'm sure. That is the great thing about this board...it is a neverending source of information, compassion, helpful hints etc etc..

Ru, hi and welcome. It would be a good idea to find out exactly what kind of cancer your mother-in-law has, as each cancer has a different protocol for how it is treated. You mentioned that the main tumor was in her kidney and was removed with surgery-was that the primary tumor? because if it was, than that would mean that your mother-in-law has kidney cancer that may have metastisised to the lungs, so the treatment that she would need would be different than what we all have experience with. I don't want to offend you or dissuade you from coming here to post, just to let you know that each cancer has its own protocol for medication/chemo and its own options as far as clinical trials or "what to expect" from the disease. Good luck, and let us know how things go and what you find out...and if we could be of any further help to you. Take care, Deb

Hi Ru,

Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Has your mother-in-law talked to a doctor about being depressed or joined a support group? I do not know what state you live in but I go to The Wellness Community. It’s a great place for support and information. Click on there website below for locations. Also below is a list of questions to ask your doctor. Hope this helps. Take Care and God Bless.

Rich

http://www.thewellnesscommunity.org

From The ACS Website:

What kind of lung cancer do I have?

Has my cancer spread beyond the primary site?

What is the stage of my cancer and what does that mean in my case?

What treatment choices do I have?

What do you recommend and why?

What is my expected survival rate, based on my cancer as you view it?

What risks or side effects are there to the treatments you suggest?

What are the chances of recurrence of my cancer with these treatment plans?