I don't really know much about it myself but I *do* know that there are members here who use flaxseed as a supplement...so I'm sure someone will come along who has some more information for you!

Many prayers and much love...

Hi,

I do believe that there are many ways to deal with cancer through nutrition.....I've known many people who believe more in holistic nutrition for fighting off various diseases. I have been researching nutrition since the beginning of my mom's diagnosis. I have read one book called "The Cancer Lifeline Cookbook" by Kimberly Mathei and Ginny Smith. This book lists 10 super foods for cancer patients. Flaxseed is on the list.....from memory here: mushrooms, tomatoes, blueberries, broccoli, flaxseed....I'm sorry but that's all I can remember and I've had to return the book to the library. I've just ordered my own copy on Amazon though & when I get it I can list all the 10 foods here. These foods help build up the immune system. It also has great recipes. That look and sound very tasty!

A doctor (not my mom's doctor nor an oncologist for that matter) recently suggested a book called, "Beating Cancer with Nutrition" by Patrick Quillin. This book came highly suggested.

I've also been talking to people about the drink called Noni. I heard of this years ago from distant family members. My family has been drinking it to prevent cancer. Those that have been drinking it, have been relatively healthy. Some friends of my husband's sell it. As soon as they heard about my mom's diagnosis, they all came together and want me to get some cases from them for her. They say that it really helps block or stop cancer from growing. I do believe that there are many facets to "healing" and fighting cancer that don't involve the medical industry. However, I am also one who looks at facts and studies. So, even though I've heard very impressive things about Noni, I would like to do some more research before I start investing in it.

For the FDAs stand on Noni juice click here;

http://google2.fda.gov/search?client=FD ... noni+juice

American Cancer Society stance onNoni juice;

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/ETO/conte ... tearea=ETO

Genaeral Info on dosage and age;

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articl ... leID=29211

Just a little info about this treatment??? Thought you may want to see more about the subject because it is kinda controversial. No opinions just facts.

Thank you. I read a lot of information on those links you provided. I am impressed with the studies on mice. My stance is that you just never know....what if it does stop tumor growth? what if it does build up your immune system? (which is what many of my friends claim it is known for)....At this point, it couldn't hurt. It tastes good. My husband received a bottle from his friend on his last birthday and today I took the unopened bottle to my mom. She drank a few ounces & I tasted it. She liked it. So, I can't see it hurting much if we try it out. Again, thank you for the links!

If she does continue with this treatment, Make sure the Oncologist knows about it. Everything reacts differently with Chemo treaments and some things may cause Chemo not to work. I am not saying this is the case but you never know. The oncologist has to know every pill or liquid that mom is using for anything, in order to avoid interactions. Prayers!!

Yes, we just found that out the other day in Mom's chemo appointment. We told the nurse that Mom had been drinking wheatgrass shots from the smoothie store...the nurse explained that some things that claim they are "anti-oxidant" or claim that they flush "toxins" out of the system, could also flush out the chemo. No more wheatgrass for now...at least not during chemo until we talk to the doctor.