Anyone on Lyrica?

spicysashimi

My pain doctor put me on Lyrica in addition to the classic opiod-style pain relievers because they believe a lot of my pain is "nerve associated", and this stuff is supposed to help with nerve pain. I was taking one a day for about a week then they upped it to two a day. Then about a week later I noticed some vision problems and trouble concentrating. I stopped it altogether and now I am going for an MRI. Great.

Has anyone taken this drug and experienced similar side effects? I hope its the drug and not some little bugger in my brain. I seem to be slowly getting better now that I am not taking it.

aaron

Aaron,

I have taken Lyrica for pain from a different condition. I did have vision problems and was taken off of it. Trouble concentrating? I would never know, since I've never concentrated on any single thing for more than 30 seconds in my life. However, that side effect is listed as a common issue with this drug in the literature. MC

I was on Gabapentin, which is a similar drug......no problems like you have mentioned. You may want to give it a try. I can't recall any side effects, and you can really play around with the dosage.......up to many mgs if needed. Good luck and be sure to let us know what you discover.

Kasey

Aaron,

My mother took Lyrica for 5 months. She was acting so "loopy" that I called her oncologist. She was having a hard time recalling words, her balance was off, she had to use a cane and was VERY forgetful. The dr. took her off of it and had her go for a brain MRI. It was clear and with time the symptoms faded. Hope the results are as good for you.

Wendy