BAC

Guest tmann11111

Guest tmann11111

Anybody out there with BAC? If so, has any meds helped or slowed the growth down? My husband has tried Tarceva, Tarceva with Avastin, and 4 months of Carboplatin, Abraxane and Avastin. The doctor has run out of traditional therapies. My husband is close to entering a clinical trial with Velcade or Bortezomib. Anyone know anything about this drug regarding BAC? I guess that is why the trial, but does anyone know anything about Velcade?

Thanks.

Trudie

Hi Trudie,

I have Stage IV/BAC going on month 64. It's one that is slow in developing and usually does not metastasize outside the lungs. So far I've had GEMZAR/CARPO, TAXOL, IRESSA (off the market but I think one can still get it, not poitive), NAVELBINE, TARCEVA and ALIMTA. Had great succes with all of them except gemzar/carpo. So don't kow why your doctor would not try one of these for your husband if he has not had them? Might want to inquire. Also if I started back up with treatments it would be Taxotere another one to ask about. Sorry can't help with Velcade. Let us know how things go, prayers for the best.

Rich

PS: Also answered your PM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My Mom has had good results with Alimta and cisplatin plus radiation for her BAC. The only reason that she got this combo was because she was initially mis-diagnosed with adenocarcinoma, but we just found out today that the tumour has been reclassed as resectable, and she wouldn't have gotten there without the chemo/rads regimen that she was on.