The Smell of Flowers

brsarah

Two nights ago as I tried to fall asleep i suddenly smelled flowers in my room, strong smell of gardenias. I don't know how I know it was gardenias but i do. It spread over my face. I suddenly felt it was my mother. I accepted it as a sign from her and thanked her. It has been a year since she first went to the emergency room with a collapsed lung. Its as though I am reliving in small ways each step of her illness. I miss he so much.

NO DOUBT!! That is the second time in two weeks I've heard that typ eof experience.

A woman I work with can't smell lilacs, because that is the smell she associates with her mom who passed of cancer.

Sure enough, her and her friend were sitting together and were overcome with the smell of lilacs...it was her mom for sure, as this was yours.

It was either last year or the one before that I was dealing with one of those aniversaries that get me so upset. That day it was about a time I was going shopping and Johnny's son was finally staying with him for a while. As I was leaving he gave me $20 and told me to buy a dozen red roses. Six for him and six for me. Well on the aniversary of that date I walked in my home after work and the smell of roses was so strong I just knew it was Johnny letting me know that he hadn't forgotten.

That is just one of the special signs you will get if you just let yourself be open to them.

I wish i could say I smell flowers... it would be a pleasant thing... unfortunaely... I smell Dads cigarette smoke!!! Makes me laugh each time I smell it though... it is always when I am in my car and the windows are all up.... the smell is sooo strong there is no other explanation. So, now I just laugh and say "still puffing away huh Dad???"... God it is so wonderful to recieve these small gestures from the other side.