Dry Nasal Passanges

Colleen20

Has anyone experienced dry nasal passages in the morning. I use a saline solution and it goes away until the next day. However, yesterday morning there was blood when I blew my nose. I finished all treatments in April 07. Called oncologist he said not to worry, but I'm worried. I'm afraid of brain tumor since I never had an MRI of the brain. Just wanted to know has anyone else experienced dry nasal passages. :?:

Hi Colleen,I experiance the same thing very often.This time of year it is easy to get dry sinus.I went to walmart and bought one of those nasal flushs.They really clean out your sinuss good and help me prevent bronchitis.Its called NeilMed Sinus Rinse.I thought the same thing as you the first few times I blew dry blood out.Also a humidfier would probably help also.Good luck.

I get dry nostrils quite frequently, occasionally with a small amount of blood. It started when I was on taxol/carbo/avastin last year, then decreased during the 8 months I was on avastin only, and has increased again now that I'm on tarceva. It doesn't seem to be directly related to atmospheric humidity, at least not to a large degree. I sometimes use the nasal saline spray, but seem to get more relief by putting a bit of vaseline up each nostril once or twice a day.

Aloha,

Ned

Same symptoms here. We are very high and dry and winter is generally worse because I spend so much time indoors. Many of our acquaintances who are otherwise healthy have the same problem. A few have installed humidifiers in their homes which seems to help.

When I think of it I swab Vaseline inside my nostrils. Hey, it works for me. :wink:

John

• 2 weeks later...
"beatlemike"]Hi Colleen,I experiance the same thing very often.This time of year it is easy to get dry sinus.I went to walmart and bought one of those nasal flushs.They really clean out your sinuss good and help me prevent bronchitis.Its called NeilMed Sinus Rinse.I thought the same thing as you the first few times I blew dry blood out.Also a humidfier would probably help also.Good luck.

:lol: Thanks for your reply. You made me feel a lot better not only about your nasal passages, but also your continued health. May you always be NED. Thanks, Colleen

"twodogs"]Same symptoms here. We are very high and dry and winter is generally worse because I spend so much time indoors. Many of our acquaintances who are otherwise healthy have the same problem. A few have installed humidifiers in their homes which seems to help.

When I think of it I swab Vaseline inside my nostrils. Hey, it works for me. :wink:

John

Thanks for your help!

"recce101"]I get dry nostrils quite frequently, occasionally with a small amount of blood. It started when I was on taxol/carbo/avastin last year, then decreased during the 8 months I was on avastin only, and has increased again now that I'm on tarceva. It doesn't seem to be directly related to atmospheric humidity, at least not to a large degree. I sometimes use the nasal saline spray, but seem to get more relief by putting a bit of vaseline up each nostril once or twice a day.

Aloha,

Ned

Thanks for your help, I think it is from the Chemo also, my oncologist said it was not from Chemo.

Glad to see you're still doing so well. I'm a T4N0M0, so it does my soul good to see someone else doing well that was dx before me.