Advice on Treatment.

Roger C

I don't post much, but I do read a lot. Well I am back on chemo and would like to hear from anyone that has ad this batch of drugs. The good, the bad and the ugly. Also successes or failures. My regiment is Cisplatin/Avastin/Gemzar. First week, all three, second week, Gemzar, third week off, then the cycle starts again. Any help appreciated.

I took Cisplatin ( and VP 16). Do you have a port? I never got one but they say it should be given in a central vein. At the end of my second round of chemo after surgery I started falling down , I got neuropathy from the Cisplatin so they stopped it and I missed the last dose.

Small price to pay considering I am over 10 years cancer free. By the way I don't fall down anymore either.

DonnaG

Roger,

Good to see you post. Charlie had Gemzar and Avastin. The Gemzar gave him a high fever for a day or two right after. Apparently, it is a well known side-effect for some people. Make sure if you get it, you call the doctor so they can rule out an infection. The Avastin seemed to be well tolerated.

Praying that these drugs knock it out and that you have minimal side-effects. Take care.