Anyone Near Centreville, VA?

Susan L

I am a 50 year old woman who was diagnosed on January 2 with Non Small Cell Lung cancer, that has spread to my other lung and lymph nodes. Inoperable, currently getting chemo. I live in Centreville, VA in Fairfax County. Anyone else out there?

Susan L

Hey there! I'm a caregiver, sort of :) My oldest sister has 3b NSCLC as you can see below. I'm less the 'caregiver' than, a phrase I'm stealing from Jamie from chat last night, a "medical bodyguard". I'm sort of in your area, I'm in Montgomery County MD. Around here it seems we consider it 'in our area' if it is within a 1 or 1.5 hr drive. :)

Hi Neighbor:

Good luck with your sister. I hope she progresses until she has no disease left. Where does she go for her treatments? I now go to Reston, but also had a consultation with Johns Hopkins, and both oncologists, locally and from Johns Hopkins, worked together to map out my treatment, which was comforting to me that they both agreed.

Susan L

It does pay to be in this area where you have lots of outstanding options! My family is from PA and my sister is still in Pittsburgh so she is treated there, at Allegheny General Hospital actually. I adore her medical team and even though we happened into them by chance, I couldn't be more thrilled. I make the 3.5 hr drive every 3-4 weeks to go home and either just spend some time there or take her to appointments, especially ones where plans are being made or results being discussed. I need to work on inventing a teleporting machine. :)

Susan:

I'm kinda a neighbor as well. I live in Harrisonburg, VA, which is about 1 1/2 hours from you. My dad has his "main" docs at Johns Hopkins as well and they are consulting with the docs here locally. We will be making the drive up to Hopkins this coming Thursday for ct and pet scans since dad is finished with his chemo and radiation. Praying for a surgical option!!!

I hope that all is going well with you on your journey. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Teresa

Hi Susan,

I'm a "neighbor" too. I am in Southern Maryland, about an hour from Fairfax Cty. with no traffic (but then, when is there no traffic??)

I had my surgery at Univ. of Md. medical center in Baltimore, but my doctor left there and is now at St. Joseph's in Towson. They have a wonderful thoracic dept. there. Univ of Md. was great too.

Glad you decided to join us here.