Found lesion in right lung

aneta0407

My husband is 65 yo, after liver transplant 1.5 years ago. He was complaining about chest pain for some time, has cough with phlegm (clear) shoulder and back pain - his MD would always say that it is all normal, due to his transplant etc or like chest pains would treat with some medication.

But finally he had a CT done 2 weeks ago, and they found "2.6 x 2.1 cm spiculated lesion in the right lower lobe abutting the right hemidiaphragm. The morphology of the lesion is suspicious for primary lung carcinoma". This is what it is in a report.

We went to see a doctor and he gave us 3 options: 1.wait and observe, 2. biopsy, 3. remove it. We decided to have a biopsy done.

I am trying to be positive but I am not coping with this well. Could it be something from the surgery(liver transplant, 2 recent hernia surgeries) like scar tissue or fluid? Can you tell by looking at the CT? Because the doctor said that he couldn't tell. Can it be a scar tissue? What about the morphology results? Is it accurate?

What do you think??

Hi Aneta-

I am sorry I cannot answer any of your technical questions but I did want to welcome you to the forum and let you know that there are a lot of supportive and wonderful people here.

Keep us posted and please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you.

Hugs - Patti B

Dr West is our licensed Oncoligist specializing in ung Cancer treatment. He practices out of Swedish Institute In Seattle Washingon and Is very wnderful about helpng us out with professional ino in his limited spare time. any ofus are also there as well as here!