tonight was my Dad's visitation at the funeral home

atlanta1

I have just gotten home from being at the funeral home for Dad's visitation. We had visitors all day from about 11am this morning until 9pm. We are pooped - but at least the time kept moving. I am very much dreading the funeral tomorrow. If my mom gets a minute of quiet - she just looks so incredibly sad. My family and I stayed with her last night and tonight my sister and her family (husband and 2 boys) are with her. A couple of the nurses from the oncologist office stopped by - I thought that was nice and we asked them if we could donate the unused lovenox (blood thinner shots) to them as well as the unopened stuff that we used to flush Dad's picc line. I am desparate to find a way to pay it forward on a personal level for someone. One thing I thought about is to buy a handful of small denomination gift cards and perhaps patients that come in for chemo- maybe their caregiver could bring lunch from a nearby restaurant or even use it for gas. Something - anything to make the journey easier.