Getting to Know You June 16

SandraL

Tell us about something you were really good at and enjoyed doing growing up? Were you strong at school, good at a particular sport or other extracurricular activity? Better yet, tell us about something you were maybe not so good at but had fun trying!

In PE class, we were instructed in several sports for a few weeks each. One such sport was bowling. Well, bowling and I didn't agree. I just couldn't get it. Of course, it didn't help that we were bowling in the gym. :lol:

But anyway, I talked my dad into taking me bowling so I could practice. He was quite good and actually bowled 300 a couple of times in his life. Imagine his embarrassment when I made every single mistake you can make. :roll:

gutterballs

balls that didn't make it down to the pins

dropped the ball on the backswing

dropped the ball into the next lane when retrieving it from the ball return

not letting go in time and hurtling myself down the lane

And all that happened on the very first game! Well, he worked with me until I had the basics down. It was a really long day for him. :? But I passed the class (barely)

And I do enjoy bowling, but it still doesn't agree with me. I feel like I've had a really good game if I break 80. 8)

I played clarinet and at one point, I was first chair!!!! Wow!!! But then I discovered boys and having fun and slowly dropped down until I was at the bottom of the pile. Mom was not thrilled and finally pulled me out of band but by that point I didn't really care anymore!!!

I was also VERY good at getting into trouble with my friends at school. Ssshhhh.....don't tell mom (or Nick) but I got good at cutting class and not getting caught!! :twisted::twisted:

Hugs - Patti B.

I was a good student...not because I cared...just because I knew it was expected of me. One of those annoying smart kids who didn't have to work that hard.

I was a really good speed swimmer though in senior ranks. Tried baton twirling before that...not so good at that, but had fun performing at half time for my favorite football team.

I was not so good at behaving myself on those long swim meet bus trips to the states. I would get caught of course, and chaperones would tell my coach. He then would tell me that I had better be getting my best times ever in the pool the next day or he would be telling my parents. I swam real fast at those meets!

Patti, why am I not surprised!! lol

I never really got into sports in school, my parents pushed me to work instead, so in turn wasnt good at much. Plus the gym teachers in my HS were total perverts. One would give you an automatic A if you didnt wear a shirt over you swimsuit in the swimming lesson. it goes on and on. i guess I wasn't good at much, didnt like school much.

But, when i got to college, it was like my chance to prove myself. ( i had always been told that I had the potential, i just need to use it) I made the Presidential Honor Roll my last semester in college, so I guess I was good at that.

"SandraL"]Tell us about something you were really good at and enjoyed doing growing up? Were you strong at school, good at a particular sport or other extracurricular activity? Better yet, tell us about something you were maybe not so good at but had fun trying!

I was in band and colorguard....loved it

Also, played softball and billiards.

Terrible at basketball and math..