Two beautiful things brought the tears

lilyjohn

I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. They are tears of happiness as well as a little sadness. Two wonderful things happened in just the past few minutes, Things I feel are my signs from Johnny that he hasn't forgotten what today is and what it means to me.

It was about this time 6 years ago when I got to him. I was so worried about him being sick but so happy to be with him again and know that I would not have to leave him again. That I could stay with him and face whatever lay ahead of us.

Just a few minutes ago I decided I needed to spend some time on MySpace. I was posting 4th of July wishes. When I got to my daughter in laws page a song came on that she had on once before but had replaced. The song was Amazed.

I used to dream of playing that song when Johnny and I would finally be together. Everytime I hear it I can see the look in his eyes when our eyes would meet. That song came on at almost the exact time to the minute that I arrived where Johnny was 6 years ago today.

After I got over that I moved on and when I got to his daughter in laws page a real surprise awaited me. She had posted some pictures. I had been waiting for those pictures. In May they had a baby girl. I remember while waiting for their son to be born Johnny had asked what I thought of having another grandchild. He wanted to share his grandchildren with me.

She posted pictures of her daughter on prom night. She is so grown up and then picutes of the baby and the two boys. The little one was born just 15 days after Johnny died. I can't believe how big he is. I hadn't seen picutes of them in a while. I am so thankful that I have stayed close to his son and his family. They are more than friends, they are my family too. Again I just found this on this very special 6 year aniversary. I have to believe that somehow my Johnny is still letting me know that he is around and will never forget either.