For our British members, I need your help please?

MsC1210

I have a friend in the UK who is battling stomach cancer. He is slated to begin chemo again within the next week. I am wondering if there is a supplement available there such as Boost or Ensure that I might be able to recommend to him in order to help him maintain his strength during this next round of treatments.

Thank you so much for ANY help....

Warmly,

Christine

"MsC1210"]I have a friend in the UK who is battling stomach cancer. He is slated to begin chemo again within the next week. I am wondering if there is a supplement available there such as Boost or Ensure that I might be able to recommend to him in order to help him maintain his strength during this next round of treatments.

Thank you so much for ANY help....

Warmly,

Christine

If your friends appetite is low, then tell him to contact his GP and ask to be prescribed with Ensure Plus, or something similar. He will be able to get this on Prescription (which will lower the cost, or maybe he could even get it free this way), but he may have to 'fight' to get it.

Randy,

Thank you!!!! I did not realize that she had her own site and WOW it's amazing!! Will contact her later for sure!!!

Caren,

Thank YOU! I am trying to find out where he can purchase the Ensure and does he NEED a prescription to get it? I do not think the cost is going to be an issue as much as actually finding the product. Thanks so much for your help!!!!

Chris

DeAnne has had her site for around 2 years I think! SHe has dedcated her site to fighting FOR Tarceva which Jimmy, Her hubby takes and has beee taking for a while now! She has held rallies for tarceva and held protess of government intervention to get it approved for the Public!

"MsC1210"]Randy,

Thank you!!!! I did not realize that she had her own site and WOW it's amazing!! Will contact her later for sure!!!

Caren,

Thank YOU! I am trying to find out where he can purchase the Ensure and does he NEED a prescription to get it? I do not think the cost is going to be an issue as much as actually finding the product. Thanks so much for your help!!!!

Chris

I have never seen Ensure on the shelves of any shops and actually only heard about it when I asked the GP for something for my dad. So, I assume that this particular thing is prescription only. But there are things like Complan, which are build up drinks, but they don't seems as nutritious as the Ensure.

ETS: I just found this link http://www.chemist-4-u.com/home.php?cat=402 and so it seems that it can be purchased. But, looking at the cost of it 27 drinks for around £40 .....Like $80 please tell your friend to get this from his GP!!!!

Thank you so much Caren!!

I am actually in touch with a friend who owns a small grocery in the UK and he had never heard of Boost or Ensure so I have a feeling you may be right about it being by prescription only.

Thank you for the information on Complan.. I will see if my friend knows about that as well.

Chris

Caren Over here we can buy it everywhere from drugstore to dept store basically!! All over the place so thats why it is a shock of sorts!!!