My Dad

KeithsDaughter

I posted earlier in the Introduce Yourself section and am now looking for further information and support.

My Dad was recently diagnosed with a Pancoast Tumor. It is rather large, 8 cm. He has no pain associated with the tumor but has hoarseness. Today we got the results of his PET scan. There is Hilar and mediastial node involvement. Not what we wanted to hear. His oncologist already had a bit of a game plan but now that has all changed. Is there anyone who has experience with this type of cancer and what was the outcome.

Thanks in advance!

Kristi

Hi Kristi!

I am a 4-1/2 year pancoast tumor survivor. There is another member here, Donna G, who is an 11 year survivor. So know there is hope for this type of cancer.

I have loads of info for you - where insurance would not be a concern. I have no idea where you live. If you are interested, please PM me. That is a personal mesage (like a private email on this site) and we can discuss things.

I don't know if my surgeon could help your dad or not, but he is one to certainly consult with. I can tell you how. For now, tell dad that some of are here long after our diagnosis and are doing well. We will help him (and you) through this. We need to make contact.

Kasey

Looks like Dad's biopsy was a bust. Poo! That's all I can say right now. Going to see a thoracic surgeon tomorrow. Hopefully this man will HELP US! Going to hospital to see if we qualify for financial assistance or atleast a payment plan. Sad when you have to fight for your life and worry about where you're gonna get the MONEY to do it! PITIFUL! We do not expect free, discount, something?!?! I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Kristi