End Stages

I would first like to thank everyone on this website for being so kind and caring. Even though I only joined 2 short months ago, I appreciate every comment that was made on behalf of my Pop-Pop.

He is still with us today, but hospice told us it could be a matter of hours or possibly a few more days. They said that they never saw someone go downhill this fast. Monday night, we received a call from his wife, letting us know that "this was it" and to get over there to say our last goodbyes. His pastor was there praying with him, and they even got in touch with the funeral home to inform them of our situation. Well today is Wednesday and he is still holding on. Why and how...I do not know. I do feel a sense of comfort that he is in no physical pain, and he is exactly where he wanted to be in his final days......at home! This will be my last post regarding updates on my Pop-Pop's condition. When the time comes for him to leave this life, I will post again. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.