Friday's Air

jaminkw

Sorry Ann, the days just keep running together since I've been traveling. Yesterday was day four after my Alimta and the focus was on keeping my pipes moving if you get my drift.

Had a good day yesterday but it went south in the late afternoon. Night wasn't good--up at 4:30 am after being awake for awhile with a killer sore throat, sweating and a swollen eye again. The eye problem has been coming and going for a few weeks now. It seems to be associated with sinus problems but when we finally "land" somewhere, I think I'll go to a doctor or clinic.

Today isn't too bad but not great either. I've been having some left side chest discomfort and have to keep reminding myself I had it on the first chemo. Of course I have to do nothing but ride and ride and ride, so I can't complain. I did the whole "constipation routine" this morning including getting out of the truck and booking three rounds around the truck stop building with zip results.

Hope you all have a great day and that mine gets better!

Judy in SC, 56 miles from NC border

Thanks Heidi, I try to stay positive. Once in awhile I get down and have to drag myself back. But you know, I think if you lose your sense of humor in this journey, it's going to make it real hard and it's already difficult enough.

Well, back to the "posts since last visit." I'm trying to get someone new to tiptoe out and chat.

Judy in NC

Sorry you are having a bad day Judy. I hope it gets better. Its kind of sad to hear about Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcetts death yesterday. Its also kind of sad how his death is now overshadowing her message about cancer that she wanted to get out. Maybe being rich and famous isnt all that its cracked up to be. When I think of Elvis and John Lennon and now Michael Jackson. How sad and lonely their lives must have been. Not knowing if you were truly loved by anyone except your family.

In some cases You wonder if the Family REALLY Loves you for real or not!!! Am hearing rumours there were some enablers in his family for his Med Problem!!! Most popular guy on the earth and probably the loneliest of all!!!!

And then there was the most ignored Beatle, George Harrison who was silent, died of lung cancer, might have been a great spokesman for us but we'll never know. And now no one remembers that he died. That is the saddest experience. Yet he was loved all over the world by a silent majority.