Thursday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! First off, I missed yesterday all together because I was under the weather. Hey, I rhymed and didn't even intend to lol. I saw there are a lot of posts to check out since I've been gone but didn't want to start reading until I started the Air. I'm wondering though, is there any word in the forums about Will and his surgery. Probably not. Probably too soon.

I had a horrible time with painful cramping since sometime Tuesday, and am just getting back to normal this morning. Alimta's worst side-effect kicked back on me--this time two weeks after the infusion. I was bummed because I'm supposed to be in my best time of the cycle by then. I won't go into the details but if any of you are struggling with constipation as a side-effect, don't overlook prune juice warmed in the microwave. No lie. My daughter, the RN who takes care of people like us in the hospital favors Miralax regularly beginning just before and for awhile after an infusion. But if that doesn't do it, they use a dose of milk of magnesia, followed by warm prune juice. I'd already done everything else on my list so just did the prune juice. It worked.

Stan is still gone so I had to break down and call a friend and ask her to stop at the store for me. I had a couple of scripts there and needed the prune juice. Asking for help--one of the lessons to learn for me with Cancer. It's still hard. And she was so gracious about it and assured me, anytime....

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in Key West

Yes Judy you were missed her yesterday. It just seemed to be a slow day over all. I sure hope that today is better for you. It is the pits being sick any time but when it is supposed to be the best time it really sucks. I understand too what you mean, sometimes the cure for a problem can be worse than the original problem for a while. I hope that you are much better today.

Be glad for your friend who helped out. From what little I know of you I am sure you would do the same thing. That is what friends are for and what we are supposed to do in this crazy life we live.

I have made inquiries about Will both here and on Facebook. Apearantly he has no one to post for him and no one on the board has been in touch with him.

I am not sure if you read my post in Hall Passes. Last night when I spoke to Michelle she asked me to post for her that she is taking a few days away from the board. She has had so many other things to deal with that she has not had the time to really grieve and she needs that.

I will be in touch with her after a day or two unless she calls me before then. I will be sure to forward all of the love that goes out to her from our wonderful family here. In the mean time please remember her in your prayers. These days will be some of the hardest she will face.

As for myself I need to spend more time on my house work today and less on the computer. I have developed a sore muscle in my neck running down into my shoulder. So I will check in later. Hope everyone has a great day.

Well cant stay long but Judy I hope you start to feel better. I did recieve your email and I am sorry I have not been around much. I have very limited time on the computer lately due to my eyes I get dizzy real quick so I am constantly getting on and off the computer.

Anyways all is good here. Nothing to report family is finally happy and healthy. Hubby laid off for a bit but that is ok cause I am working more and making more and we will be saving on childcare so it all works out I guess.

Have a great day everyone! :D