Friday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! I have to admit, it's almost afternoon lol. I stayed up watching TV til 11 pm and didn't get up until 9 am. Good night's sleep but have no ambition to do anything. Would have been here soon but I got caught up in my email box.

I can't put "Friday's Air" in without thinking it's Ann's and Bud's favorite day. Bud I don't imagine the biking to work has been going so great with the dreary weather you are having. My guess is you make up for what you miss on weekends lol.

It sounds like the rainy weather in OH will bring Stan home a little sooner. I'll be glad to see him but sorry I got so far behind in things I wanted to do while he was gone. My eyes are into the final worst stages of the process they go through. More burning especially when I use them for TV or the computer. Both require sunglasses now but they still burn. And the gook is glueing my eyelashes together when I sleep. Only good thing about this time is it won't last much longer. I think just a few days. The eye doctor and I are pretty sure it's related to the chemo. I see him again next week.

Well, I'm off now to check out my farm on facebook. I know I don't really "do" facebook but before I went to NJ Heidi offered me a cow. Since I grew up on a dairy farm and I really like Heidi, I couldn't refuse. Then I planted a few vegetables and never went back. I know. I know. I figured the plants and even the cow might be dead. But Gail (remember Gail from NJ who lost her love Hank [name?] to cancer) reported to me on my farm in words that had me laughing so hard. Now she insists I go there to tend to business tempting me by saying she left a sign on my farm. Will report back on this matter later.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in Key West

Hi Judy it is nice to see you even if you are a little late. My day started early but I am hoping that means I will feel better. I am such a strange person that I feel so much worse when I get a lot of sleep than I do when I don't sleep at all.

The board sure has been unusually quiet this week. I am hoping that is because no one has any bad news to report. Myself on the other hand seem to always find something to say. As they say I was given the gift of gab and once in a while (yea right once in a while) I say more than I should.

So on that note I will say goodbye for now. Will check back later in the day to see if anyone is on. Our service co ordinater usually leads our fitness class but when she is gone I do. Who whould have ever thunk??

Anyway I have to go and work off the caleries from my biscuits and gravy that someone twisted my arm to make last night :!:

Oh Judy! I haven't been posting much at all lately but I had to pipe in about your "farm"! BE CAREFUL!!! I am so addicted to my Farmville Farm I stay up late at night waiting to harvest my crops! My husband just shakes his head at me!

By the way - your eye problem sounds more and more like the eye problems I have been having with Tarceva - Itchy, light sensitive, goopy and I wake up with them glued shut. Has your doctor given you anything to help? I have a prescription called Tobramycin that comes in drops and lotion(to rub on lids) that really helps.

How is Gail doing? We wrote back and forth a few times and I think about her often.

visiting from lurker land~Janet

It's a beautiful day in NTX, today. 55 degrees, good stiff breeze making my wind chimes sound like church bells and lots of sun. I can let the dogs out to run in the back yard and bark to their hearts content.

Have I told ya'll that I love fall? I can see the days marching up to Halloween and Thanksgiving. I try not to look any further ahead than that. Especially since I have scans and consults scheduled for the second week in Nov.

My floor is a mess due to the rain and the dogs muddy paws, but I think for today, I am just going to install my camera software and then go sit in the sun and take pictures of my dogs and enjoy the day(chances are, though, I'll install the software and sit right here on the computer and surf, browse and watch TV shows, lol).

I hope you all have as lovely a day as I am planning on having.

Dawn

It was 48 degrees with a stiff north wind as I left home on my bike this morning. My commute is pretty much straight north so, needless to say, the ride was a bit chilly this morning.

One of the things I'll have to figure out this winter is just how cold it has to be to be a deal breaker on riding the bike to work. I'm thinking that I'll still ride with it in the 30's, if the wind isn't bad. If it's 30 something degrees with a howling north wind though, I'm probably driving the truck.

TGIF!

Lily, hope you have a great day due to lack of sleep lol. I know the exercise will help. And Janet, who woulda thunk you were a Farmville fan. Now I have to go and find out if you're on my friends list. If not, I'll have to get you on it. And Bud, I knew you were a diehard bike riding fool but 30 degrees! I really love it. My friend who passed away last year was a diehard bike advocate who worked for the city and put bike paths and stands for locking bikes and bike safety right up there on the top of his list of things to get done. And he did. The city has done honor ceremonies to his work since he's been gone. I knew I was also right tipping my hat to you being a big "TGIF" guy. Where's Ann anyway??? lol

Judy in Key West

Oh Judy Ann is off having the time of her life. She and her best friend from high school found each other on Facebook a few months ago. Now Lynn has flown from Tennessee to have a 4 day visit with her. I am so jealous! I have gotten to know Lynn and Ann and I have been there together though a lot, not I would love to be in on the fun part.