LCSC Benefit CD

Laurie

Hi All,

My friend Dean is willing to donate a song or two for the CD. He suggested a compilation album of original artist songs for the most cost effective costs. He is also going to ask 6-7 other artists who have CDs out then all we have to do is put them together and have them put out.

Andrea does your friend Marla have any original songs that she would like to donate so that we donate have to pay royalties??...

I e-mailed Marla about songs and I will ask around for other artists too. Laurie, this is a great idea!

You know I was thinking today I wanted to wear a sweatshirt and parade up and down "Lung Cancer, Not Only For Smokers". I was in a mood where I wanted to hit people who looked too happy ;)

My mom's scan is Jan 21. Her CEA went from 4.8 before treatment to 3.7, but who knows if that means anything.

I will get back to you on artists as soon as I hear back!

I've been away from the music scene for awhile but can look around to see who's still playing here in San Diego that I used to know. I also have 2 CD's out with 12 songs each. I'll look through them and see if there's anything that would be appropriate for a project like this.

Oh yea ... I'm no the Dean Laurie is talking about. Somebody else. :)

Dean

Guest Laurie (panda)

Hello,

Well thats great Dean sia we gotta get the studio "tracks" together and he and his producer will produce it... I have connections with POD, and Red Hot Chilli Pepeers... It would be to costly for us to get it recorded produced but if we can get some donated tracks professionally recorded... we ca do this..!

Original songs are great...

Dean is "Jazz4Jesus" I gave many here his "Restoration" CD he wrote after losing his beautiful wife to cancer... it is tottally uplifting!

Dean whats your SD location?

PS Jewel is from SD

L

Laurie,

I live in Alpine. That makes me an Alpinian (among other things :))

Yea, I opened for Jewel one night at the Innerchange coffee house down in Pacific Beach about 6 months before she released her first CD. Too bad all those people (she had a big local following by then) weren't there to see ME! :)

Dean

Keith and I have a really close friend who plays guitar with Willy Porter. He is from Milwaukee but tours worldwide and is fairly popular. I can ask him if he would donate a track or two.

Keith has two CD's out with original songs (one which he wrote for me), but I it wasn't widely distributed, mostly with friends and family I think. I think they're great, but no one else would have ever heard of them.

Well I'd love to hear Keiths CD.....

Can we put that looker hubby of yours in leather and put a rose in his mouth for the cover.......????? Sure beats Flea of the Red Hots in his undies anyday!! :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Seriously I think we should put your song on the CD and Keith on the cover too!

:wink:

Laurie

I was listening to the radio on the way to work this morning and it dawned on me that I should write to radio stations to see if they would get involved. Most people ask them for money, but we just want support! I am going to see if I can write to like KIIS FM, that is a popular radio station here with Rick Dees. Do you think that is a good idea?