Saturday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! Yes Ann, I'm trying to focus on those three days of warm weather coming up. I'll be in Ft Myers but it will be warm there also. Not so much so in Venice--I'm hoping we visit there and are in and out quickly. Of course none of it is helping this morning--my desktop is flashing a yellow 42 degrees! Now that's just way too cold and the yellow usually means stormy.

Took a 45 min nap yesterday and went to dinner with our friends from IN. It was nice but we had an abrupt not so nice waitress and that kind of spoils things. It makes me feel bad in that it doesn't reflect well on our island. Of course, our friends visit often and love it anyway. They know there are people like that everywhere, still....

Hope you all have a nice day. I'm taking an zofran and will be packing for our trip. And this trip was my idea lol.

Judy

Oh glorious blue sky!

Flowers are blooming all over.

A raspberry coffee cake in the oven.

A cup of Kona coffee at my side.

This afternoon, the memorial service for Jan. It will be held at the last community center she helped to bring to light.

Hello! Judy, sorry you had a rude waitress and yes, I know how that can sometimes spoil having a good time Hope you didn't leave too large of a tip!

Ts.....what time will the cake be coming out of the oven? I'll be right over. And the Kona coffee sounds just wonderful!

I'm happy to announce that I FINALLY got the letter in the mail to start training classes on March 19th. I'm a bid curious that I'm not as joyful as I thought I would be. I'm feeling a bit scared now. I suppose because it's just another "change" since Donald passed?

Couldn't find my watch anywhere this morning.....then while cleaning out the kitty box I found it! What a cat......just as funny and playful as the real Randy, huh?

I had a nice productive morning though. I got all my floors mopped, dishes done and two loads of laundry. Now that A LOT for me considering my depression these past months isn't it? One day at a time....right?

Have a wonderful week end everyone :)

I'm with you Michelle! Raspberry Coffee Cake sounds great! Can I get the recipe TS.

i have a knack for making even the cheapest coffee taste pretty good. I seemed to have passed that knack to both of my daughters as well. But, my only recipe for coffee cake (which was pretty darn good) I lost when moving this last time, along with a lot of my other recipes. My oldest daughter and I are trying to rebuild our recipe "box".

Michelle, could be you're just a little scared of the unknown of the new job and training. Your self confidence took a hit when Donald passed, so your feelings are understandable. At least you have bounced back quicker than I did after my husband passed away. Took me 6 years to get mine back and then when I did get it back, cancer came strolling in the door. I had to cancel 3 job interviews the week I got dx'd as I could not walk at that point in time and just knew that being wheeled into an interview would not create a good impression, lol.

Good luck with all of the training and the new job.

Dawn

Thank you Dawn for the kind words. It might appear I've "bounced back", but nope.....still and will continue to be a huge struggle for a long time.

What's your coffee secret? I hate nasty flavored coffee and it happens to me all the time, especially the store brand names.

ts, I'm on Hall Pass but am lurking right now. Couldn't resist your recipe. You do a lot of fruit desserts which are my favorites. I've some canned spiced peaches I bought in NJ late last summer but think I'll just heat them a little and add a dollop of vanilla ice cream. I love raspberries but have a bag of mixed fruit int he freezer I might try with this recipe. Thanks!

ts, this cake sounds like it would also be good with peaches or maybe mandarin oranges, pineapple and some fresh coconut in the streusel mix for a tropical flavor. I will have to give it a try and see how it turns out.

Michelle, it has been 8 years for me, and I still struggle regardless of the "bouncing back" By bouncing back I only meant that you are moving forward; be it by by necessity or whatever other reason. Good for you!

I'll let you know how the variations of the coffee cake turn out.

Judy, I also have an inexpensive version of peach cobbler and a peach crumble (has a struesel like topping and no bottom crust; great with ice cream!) if you are interested.

Dawn

Dawn, I'm on Hall Pass and only post about food lol. I'm also laughing because dessert is keeping Saturday's Air going thru Monday. I don't do a bottom crust with my peach cobbler either but would always welcome a new recipe. I serve mine with cooked vanilla pudding yum.

Judy