Not in Remission anymore!

candee

Hi All, I know I have not posted for quite some time. I do review messages on the site from time to time. I can honestly say I have been attempting to live life as normally as possible. Especially with the holidays, and I must say, I have been having a good time!

I do think about my disease daily and deal with the side efffects. It has been an adventure.

I have been on steroids (decadron) for radiation pneumonitis. They did their job, but they sure do cause some horrendous side affects. Most of those have diminished now.

I had my 4 month scan, it picked up a tumour on my left adrenal gland. The good news is it is not in my lungs. I have been taken off of the Thalidomide for the clinical trial. So those little side effects have gone away ( mostly neuropathy, still have a little in left hand) Anyway, I will be going back on chemo. But first my onc did a PET Scan last week, to see if the cancer is anywhere else. I will get my results on Wednesday, 1/7/04.

I have been on pins and needles as the unknown is the scariest part! I will be glad to find out what the real deal is........ Then I can fight! Can't fight what you don't know.

Anyway, just needed to get this all out!

Thanks for being there!

"Someone was here before you. lost before you, ignored before you, and yet, miraculously, someone has survived with passion, compassion and humour and style. Maya Angelou

Hi Candee;

Good to hear from ya again; like the pic and so sorry to hear of your setback. :( ; this disease can really suck!! :x

Were, kinda in the same boat, the beast came back to me also, got two small brain mets that've been driving me nuts. Also, getting a PET on Mon. and am on pins and needles waiting for my treatment to start. Good news is they can't find any evidence of any other cancer and the brain mets are cureable so I got a few body parts crossed and am doing a bit more prayin these days!.

like your attitude, you'll do well, hang in there and keep us posted;

God bless and you'll be in my prayers!

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

MRI's taken 12/18 - 2 brain mets found- named em Frick & Frack

"Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

It is nice to have a place to vent and get rid of the anxiety and the angst! Thanks to all of you for the support. I know the the tumor on the adrenal gland is easily removed, and I dealt with chemo before with a limited amount of side effects. Wish I didn't have to deal with it, but am ready for the challenge! Just hoping that is alll it is.

Blessed Be!

Always, I hope to grow brighter, funnier, I hope to learn to be even more well-rounded. But right now, I cannot be any better better than I am. Maya Angelou