Thursday's Air

Bud Baker

Good morning, everyone!

It was 70 degrees as I rode to work this morning. Forecast high is 93. It's humid, and we have a chance of storms.

MI Judy, I know how you feel, getting a new puppy. We got Pixie, our new Chihuahua puppy in March to replace the dog we lost last fall and as a companion to our old dog.

We both love her already, but she's the strongest jawed Chihuahua I've ever seen, and I'd sure like to see her get past the biting and chewing stage soon. It's funny how I always seem to give a dog a nickname, different than their given name. Every time I look at Pixie, I see teeth everywhere, so I'm calling her Gremlin these days.

Eric, it's easy to get intimidated looking at long distance bicycle rides. But every rider who does long distance riding started out with very short rides. Endurance riding does seem to be especially suited to older riders like me, though.

Have a great day, all!

Morning All! 85 degrees, not bad for nearly 11 am. Of course Stan would probably not agree. He's outside doing chores. He came in as I wrote and said whew it's hot out there lol.

I remembered to take my Ativan to help counteract the steroids last night and went to sleep around ten. Woke up at eleven and thought I'd have to get up but refused to and went back to sleep til 7 am. Was happy with that.

I'm on break from a big chore already--the coach is reorganized and beds made up for Dave and family. I don't know why they are insisting on staying there. I think it would be easier on them putting the kids to sleep in here especially with Wendy not coming. Anyway, all I have to do out there next week is dust. I'm sure I'll be busy in the house by then.

Hope you all have a good day.

Judy in KW

P.S. Bud, interesting that you say endurance biking seems to be easier for older folk. A mega Marathon runner I saw on TV said the same thing about running--he's getting slower but his distance running is getting better.

good morning all! Bud, how funny about the name Gremlin. I can tell you that when my German Short Hair Pointer, Gibson, was a puppy, he had a nick name too. He was a maniac, and lead with his teeth with everything. For a while his moniker was demon seed. Hubs would come home and ask how he did today, and he'd get that look, and off I'd go on demon seed did this and that and wrecked this and that. LOL! It's a good thing God made them cute so they survive puppyhood!

KW Judy, glad you remembered the Ativan and slept well. I remember those days, and I was so manic from steroids that when I got home, Hubs was standing there with Ativan and glass of water at the wait. He learned it was best if I just took this before i started redecorating and repainting the entire house. LOL! Glad I can laugh about that now.

Don't know if I mentioned that we saw our first hummingbird of the Spring this past week! They are back. We built our home on a private road, and named it blue hummingbird way. They are my favorite birds. We will see tons of them now.

Well, today I finally am returning to Gilda's Club. Had to take some time off because i was so sick. Can't be going to a cancer support place when you are ill. As we all know, we are so vulnerable as we got through treatment. Will be so happy to see everyone again.

Have a great day!

Judy in MI

Hey folk's. Another nice day here in the knife. The beauty of living in a semi arid climate.

Judy in MI, I live in northern Canada. We are fortunate to have 24 hours daylight in the summer but not 24 hours darkness in the winter. it get's daylight at 9am and dark at 4pm in the winter. This morning at 2am it was 75 degree's and sunny. But in the winter we get the -40's and -50's quite often.