Thursday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! 57 degrees in Pittsgrove NJ with an expected high of 78. Add to that mostly sunny and it sounds like a perfect day.

Bud, I hope you all had no damage from the rains yesterday. Glad you watch the weather every day before you ride your bike to work. It's not always accurate but keeps you safe much of the time. Anxious to see your website when you get it up. Sounds like a challange but interesting.

Things a little slow on the boards again so I will put in for my Hall Pass today. Leave for the shore weekend and won't even take my computer. I would if I drove myself and could leave it in the car. There are a dozen women in house at any one time and don't need to add to the clutter. I am hoping to get word on Connie before I leave. If not, I can borrow my friend's Mac for a bit to check on her. It's very unnerving not knowing ANYTHING!

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in KW

I am so excited. My daughter stuck me years ago with a gift/project someone gave Dominick (my grandson if you don't know). It's a big fold-up board that you fill with the quarters of all the US. I have had it completed for awhile now EXCEPT FOR Wyoming. I was going to ask Donny (Donny, are you reading? You are from Wyoming aren't you? lol) to send me one. I was just going thru my change because we've been using quarters at the laundromat and I'm checking them for state before feeding the machine lol. I found not one but five of them! I was surprised tho because there are two styles--one Wyoming and the other Yellowstone with "Wyoming" in very tiny letters. Oh, and I also found an American Samoa. Don't think there is a place for that. I'll have to tape it on.

Judy in KW

Good morning, everyone!

It was 79 degrees as I rode to work this morning. Forecast high is 92. It's cloudy, and there's still a chance of rain, but most of it has passed here. We got close to 8 inches at home. You can see what fell in this area by looking at the radar map here.

Enjoy your hall pass, Judy. I'll look forward to hearing of your adventures when you return. Have a great day, all!

Hi all, Judy hope you enjoy your weekend!

60 degrees here at 11:19am, with a high of 70 predicted. We are definitely going into Autumn now. Our little town has a football game this Friday, and football is BIG in this town. The team usually wins the State championships. They grow them big in rural America.

Anyway, two years ago the coach decided they would play their first game each year in pink Jerseys, and sell pink T shirts as tickets to get into the game. The profits from everything would go to local cancer support groups, either beneveolence support or Gilda's Club.

Thus far they raised in two years $250,000!!!!!! I went to the first game two years ago, just recovering from chemo, and was so moved to see the thousands of people wearing these pink shirts, and the handsome young football players in their pink Jerseys. The opposing team got into the spirit and wore pink socks. It was amazing.

Here's a link to the story: http://www.mlive.com/a2z/index.ssf/2010 ... owell.html

It really is an amazing thing in a community of 25,000.

Anyway, going to the game, going to pray that the spasms don't plague me. Thankful I have a handicap sticker so I can park close to the game and not have to walk very far.

Hope you all have a great day!

Judy in MI