Tuesday's Air

Bud Baker

Good morning, everyone!

It was 50 degrees as I rode to work this morning. Forecast high is 83.

Donny, I won't be able to listen to the music until I get home.

I researched the Camp Lejeune water pollution a bit more last night. It seems the TCE contamination likely goes back further than the PCE, and they were in different wells, providing water to different on-base housing. I don't know which housing we lived in.

It's pretty much academic, anyway. Since I'm not disabled, I would be unlikely to ever get anything out of it. Still, it makes me curious. I spent so much of my childhood with bronchitis and had pneumonia at 15 and 21 years old, before finally not having lung issues for many years. My parents were smokers, but it makes me wonder if some of my issues might have come from this.

Have a great day, all!

I am so envious of your cooler temperatures, Bud. I'm hoping it cools down a bit here in a couple of weeks. We're getting a lot of rain today and it sounds like there's more to come. I guess we officially have a tropical depression brewing out there. By the end of the day, she may be named Nicole. Hopefully, she will stay calm and just dump rain our way.

I can't believe it's 3:00 already. Today has been very busy and that always makes the day go fast. Today has been a good one and I got a lot of well needed rest last night. I got home around 6:30, played with the dogs a while, took a shower and then just took it easy. I watched Dancing With the Stars and am still trying to decide if I have any early favorites. I know I'm torn between Jennifer Gray and Kurt Warner...but you have to admire Florence Henderson for getting out there and giving her all. I still have no idea why Bristol Palin is on this show, but I guess it's all about ratings. I was tempted to change channels while they interviewed her mom last night.

So...I have a feeling it's going to be raining here for the entire day. If so, it will make a good evening for curling up, listening to the rain and pretending it's cold outside.

Hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon!!!

Ann