Tuesday's Air

Bud Baker

Good morning, everyone!

It was 80 degrees as I rode to work this morning. Forecast high is 103.

I went fishing at Lake Benbrook Saturday morning and surprised myself by bringing home 11 nice crappie. That's the best catch I've made at Benbrook. It's a tough crappie lake but less than 10 miles from home, so it's a tempting place for me to fish.

I went back to Benbrook yesterday morning, but only caught 4 keeping size crappie. I expect the holiday boat traffic had the fish spooked.

On Sunday, in between those fishing trips, I did a 100 mile bike ride with friends. Yesterday afternoon, our daughters, grandson, Rose's sister, and her daughter came over and joined us for burgers and swimming. So I had a busy weekend.

MI Judy, sorry you had a tough holiday. We eliminated fireworks from our 4th of July celebration years ago. One year at Possum Kingdom Lake, it occured to me that drunks in boats on a lake after dark to watch fireworks wasn't that good an idea.

And standing in my front yard one dry year in Midland after watering down the roof of my house, I watched grass fires off in the distance in every direction and decided that staying home and defending my house against fireworks was a better plan than using them.

We don't grill much any more either, ever since I came to realize how strongly it is associated with cancer. We left our outside grill behind when we last moved, and just settle for occasional grilling on a George Foreman grill these days.

Glad to read that Eric has landed on our side of the pond. I look forward to reading of his adventures here.

Time for me to get back to work. Have a great day, all!

Good morning all. Bud, this just tickled me....."On Sunday, in between those fishing trips, I did a 100 mile bike ride with friends". You are amazing. That is all I can say.

Well, yesterday morning (as I wrote at the end of Monday's Air) was spent coughing and hacking and fiery lungs. But it did settle down after a couple of hours. He and I had some serious discussions. I don't know if he got it or not. He keeps putting me into situations that are not good for my lungs, and then apologizes later.

He did tell me he had a surprise for me for dinner yesterday afternoon. So I got prettied up, and he drove North about an hour and a half, and to my delight, he pulled into this amazingly beautiful country club. It was in the middle of nowhere. We sat outside on the deck, and had a wonderful dinner, and shared a bottle of wine. To our delight there was a professional golf tournament happening, and we got to watch the tail end of it which was awesome.

No fireworks. No smoke. No fires. It was very nice.

Today I head down to the University of Michigan to see the Neurologist of all Neurologists! We are still working on solving the muscle spasms issues. I hope we continue to make progress on this. It's a two hour drive, so I'll be gone for a while, getting back and forth.

Thank you to everyone who wrote yesterday. The support and care you gave me meant so much. It is very comforting to know I can come here and write out my hurts, and sweet and caring people respond. It made me feel so much less alone. THANK YOU ALL.

Judy in MI

Morning All! OMG I didn't get on the Air at all yesterday. Truth is, I was wiped out from two manic days reorganizing some things in my office. By afternoon, my friend Sally called. She came by right behind Stan and stay a couple of hrs or so. We all had a great time just shooting the breeze. I insisted we have hot dogs and beans--my token to the holiday and Sally stayed for that. She said it was fun, felt really good to laugh. Me too. Stan and I even stayed up way past our bedtime and watched the Wash DC 4th show on TV. All in all a great day.

Judy, wish you'd been with us. Lots of laughs no fires or fumes though I do miss fireworks.

I saw a message Fred sent on FB to Eric. I'm hoping I'll be in NJ when he flied back from Phila (people usually come and go from same airport???). Maybe Fred and Casey and Stan and I could send him off. What fun that would be. Annette you are the envy of the site!

I'm in the office for real today--computer work household and business. Taking a break but need to get back to it soon.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in KW

Well Judy in KW, I think Eric is flying out of Seattle. So you'll have to come here.

I watched a house hunter show last night - a new one where they give a family a week's vacation after they preview three homes. Last night, a California family got to go to Key West! They showed two areas of town and a marina - the family chose to stay on the yacht. I was looking for landmarks that you've mentioned.

Judy in MI- sounds like he was trying hard to make up. We strolled not too far to watch some fireworks from a long way off last night. And I had a quiet day.

Bud - 100 miles like a breeze.

Hope everyone survived the 4th.

This is funny! Got an offer in the mail to get a free Google Ipad. To call the 800# to learn more. We did. They want us to go through a "time share" talk at a resort to get the Ipad. We've done these before, so we endure an hour and a half sell job and get this free Ipad.

The resort? The one we ate at last night. So funny!

Of course we're going. Of course we won't buy a time share. But it'd be nice to get the Ipad.

LOL

Judy in MI