Thursday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! Free internet at last--but just for a little. Should be taking off for PSL by now. Stan said he'd let me sleep in today but I was up a little after 6 am. Been listening to JKennedy tapes on the net while Stan did chores and took his walk. I'm a slow waker-upper lol.

Back in FL, sun is shining and soon will be visiting with daughter and grandson. Wendy has to work til Saturday which I really hate but oh well. We'll get our driver's car seat fixed (hopefully) while there and Stan hopes a guy he's called can come and reset things so we can get cable again. We had comcast hook us up in NJ for a couple of weeks. We are at a RV site with cable but can't get anything! Stan is so pissed. He tried to get the guys who put hooked it up to answer questions but the tech couldn't speak English and his supervisor couldn't get out fast enough when they finally got a picture.

Hope you all have a great day. For me, it will mostly be driving and driving and driving again. Well, you know I'll be "riding" but you know what I mean lol.

Judy in Jacksonville, FL

Good morning everyone. I am so glad that today is Thursday and that means that Friday is right around the corner. This week has really seemed to drag on. That usually happens the week after a four day work week.

KW Judy....wave as you go by the Palm Bay exit this morning. I work right off of the second Palm Bay exit...Malabar Road. Hope you have a nice visit with your family in PSL. I will be driving to Ft. Pierce on Saturday for a POW-MIA ceremony.

The weather is beginning to get just a wee bit cooler for us here in Florida. Don't misunderstand....we're still roasting in the afternoon but the mornings are becoming bearable. I looked at the calendar yesterday and realized that it's only a couple of months until October. We usually have a few nice days in October but November is the best.

October....wow ! I can't believe that this year has gone by so fast. I can remember hearing my mother say..."the older you get, the faster time flies." I had no idea what she was talking about until I started getting older. It seems like the past couple of years has just been a blur. Now, it's already time to buy Halloween treats and start Christmas shopping.

My new grandbaby is due on October 14th but it looks as if that date may be moved up a week, due to a high blood pressure issue with my DIL. As long as the baby's healthy and ready to come into this world, Nana is more than ready for another baby to rock and cuddle. I had a long talk on Sunday with Ella, who's almost 5 now, and explained that she will always be my first grandbaby. She and Jude are excited about becoming brother and sister to a new baby but I think I can detect some insecurity sneaking in.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday!!!

Ann

Hi all,

Well, I relented and turned the heat on last night. It got into the mid 40's. I couldn't bear getting up in the freezing cold again, so I set the temp to 68 last night. I'm glad I did. It's really cold.

Ann, I had to smile when you wrote that October is a couple of months away. It's not. :-)

Busy day today. Happy for that.

Judy in MI

Hi you guys, Yeah Mi Judy, fall is coming. It was hot yesterday probably for the last time. Not turning the heat on here yet. The new neighbors next door were in their pool last night. The water is really cold in my pool. I covered ours for the winter a couple days ago. I think they are alot younger than us, no grey hair and oh yeah, I could hear beer bottles hitting the trash can over there. what fun. Anyhow, this saturday is apple cider pressing and bbqing on a friends deck. It's an annual thing he does. Maybe some beer bottles there too. Who am I to complain? Apple cider, beer and pulled pork? Sounds like a recipe for disaster. Think I'll skip the beer. Well enough of this already. Have happy and safe days all. Alan

Our weather is finally just about right - I think it's going to be around 80 for the weekend and most of the smoke from the fires seems to have dissipated so I can breathe again. They are calling for somewhere in the 40s a couple of nights though, which is soundling a lot like fall. I feel like summer just got here, I'm not ready although like you, JudyMI, I generally love the sweatshirt weather. Ann is right - time is going by much too fast. Congratulations on the new grandchild!!

Alan, I must admit the apple cider and pulled pork sound wonderful! I would probably skip the beer too.

We are headed to Portland this weekend. My husband is going salmon fishing on the Columbia River and I am just going along to keep the dogs company. I'd honestly rather stay home, but if I don't go along, he won't go and he really deserves this trip. We are taking the RV, but unfortunately the only park that would take the 2 big dogs is one that is pretty much just a "parking lot" for rv's. JudyKW, I'm sure you've seen a few of these - for all the ambience, you might as well stay in the Walmart parking lot. They are supposed to have cable and internet -- but I'm skeptical.

I am driving a very nice older lady (she's probably only a couple years older than I am, but I think I'm in denial) to her last radiation this morning, so better get going.

Have a nice day everyone.

Diane

Waiting for Stan to get here to the RV with Dominick. So good to see so many friends on board. Ann, don't remember Palm Bay exit (on 95) but said hi to you at Titusville. Guess I got it wrong but the thought was there.

Judy, Fall doesn't arrive here for a couple of months so forgive Ann her misspeak. I hope our winter is a continuous Fall this year instead of something like winter like it was last year.

Diane, hope you take a good book in case the cable is not what you hope. I'm so glad Stan doesn't require my company on all his hunting trips to Portsmouth OH. The RV place there is pretty but NO cable and limited internet.

Alan, apple cider and pulled pork sounds great to me too. I'm not a beer drinker but might sneak in a glass of wine or two. I would hate listening to young folk cavorting next door. Talk about getting it rubbed in lol.

Hey guys like Stephanie, Bud and Eric and and....I talked to Annette but have been off site so long I'm losing names. Oh yes Lily and Ginny and and....

Have a great evening everyone. Hope my men get here soon.

Judy in PSL

Rough night tonight at Gilda's. One of our members is Brett. He is 32, stage IV SCLC, and trying his best to survive. He has a wife and 2 children. He has struggled to get the doctors to work with him with his bone mets. They told him yesterday to seek quality of life, rather than quantity. He is not ready to give up.

He has multiple mets to his liver now and the medical community has given up on him. It broke my heart to hear him tell his story tonight. He is so young, with so much to live for. Lung cancer sucks. I just don't know what to say anymore.

Judy in MI

Judy in MN....thanks for pointing that out to me...lol!!! See, I told you that time is passing by way too fast. I actually think I meant to say that October is only a couple of WEEKS away....but, who knows. The way I felt yesterday, I probably was thinking months...and hoping it was that far away!

So very sorry to hear about Brett. I know how hard it must have been to hear his story. I will be swaying special prayers for him and his family. It always seems easier for me to say a prayer when I have a name. I guess it makes it more personal between me and God. Please let Brett know that these are new people saying prayers for him today.

Ann