Tuesday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! 66 degrees when I got up this morning but I didn't feel cold. May have something to do with the fact that my hubby isn't here to have the doors and windows all open lol.

Stayed up a little late last night and got up too early. I hate that because it doesn't make for a very productive day. I have a dilemna too. I haven't been to the cancer group in town for over a year. Groups have to "fit" and this one didn't me. There were a couple of people I liked but they died or lost their loved one. Since I ran into group member Joan who has recurring cancer throughout her body after 9 yrs of kicking breast cancer, I've been thinking I need to go to a meeting. It's at 5 pm which is NOT a good time for me and I have the added burden of guilt if I do not call Loreen if I go.

Some of you might remember the 80 yr-old I befriended and took to group. The relationship got pretty icky as time went by. She was in the early stages of Alzheimers. However, some of her manipulative and occasionally nasty behavior appeared to be part of her personality. She wanted what she wanted and my daughter urged me to back off. She is a survivor but did not have active cancer. My travel last year gave me the opportunity. I appreciated that my family wanted me to spend my energy in positive ways on things that gave me joy. Of course, I still feel guilty. I don't think I'm obligated to call if I go to group since she turned it down the last couple of times I asked. Still, I feel I should.

O.k., enough of that. Need to get in the computer for some work today but doubt I'll accomplish much. I'm pretty much straighten up for my friend to come help me get the Christmas boxes down tomorrow. I'm excited. Trying to fluff today. I hate fluffing lol.

Bud, Bud, I miss you. Pop in sometime and say hi, o.k. Bruce and Becky and Ginny and Diane and anyone else I missed, you guys too. Waiting to hear about Stephanie's trip. Hope it was an excellent one.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in KW

Hi you guys, Kw, I say do what you want to and don't feel guilty. Hows that? Eric, I do remember your friend 's story. Beating the odds the way he did and then did it again. How could we not all be in awe of him? Mi Judy, hunting here is similar to yours. It starts with small game, then archery, then bears etc. Rifle for deer is always the Monday after Thanksgiving. Speaking of which, There;s still turkey in our fridge. I think today it's over for sandwiches. In the 60s here too. In a month, I'll wish I was in KW. see ya later

Morning all. Judy I love how Allan calls you KW. Cute. I'd just go and not call her. She's turned you down the last couple of times you asked, so it's clear she's not interested.

It's a blustery and cold day today. We may get our first snow accumulation tonight. Only an inch, so no big deal, but I usually mark the first snow on the calendar. I have no idea why I do this. LOL. When the year is over, I just throw the calendar away.

I'm going to Gilda's today to help with clerical tasks for the Laughfest event. It's a grunge job, and boring, but the work needs to be done, and I'm happy to help them out. R will not be home until late tonight, and I need some comfort food, so maybe I'll stop by KFC and get some sinfully fattening chicken, mashed potates and cole slaw. Yum.

Judy in MI

Alan, thanks. I'm not going and I'm not going to feel guilty lol. My excuse is I've been working in the computer for the business and I just can't get it in gear to go out. I'm fluffing the tree little by little and looking forward to my friend coming tomorrow. Hope she doesn't disappoint. She does that sometimes. I also have a lunch planned with another friend on Friday. Enough getting ready and going out for me.

Judy, I'd record that first snowfall and then have to keep the calendar to check out the first the following year lol. Good for you for doing the drudge work. I am SOOOO jealous of that KFC. Can you believe they closed ours in KW! We drove all the way to Marathon for it once since then but it wasn't very good. We have to wait to get to the mainland. Good thing. My stomach just isn't going to handle fat for awhile.

Katie, I am so sorry you have to experience this pain again. There is no one I know in the position you are in to encounter loss so often. Hugs to you. I'm afraid I do comfort food when the temp dips down to Fall-like. I thought it was 66 this morning but that was the mainland. KW was 72 but a little chilly as I thought when I finally opened the house up.

Have a good day everyone.

Judy in KW

Good afternoon, everyone. I thought I'd pop in and see if I could get my spirits raised a little and it worked. Funny, when I come here, I feel like everyone is family and I always leave feeling comforted.

Speaking of comfort...I've been doing this eating thing for a couple of weeks now. I know I need to start monitoring my eating but trying to do that now would just result in failure and make things worse. It's completely stupid to try and change your eating habits weeks before Christmas. So, I'll enjoy the food and then try to shed the pounds after Christmas. But...I do believe eating is an emotional thing for me.

KW Judy...it was 64 here this morning as I drove to work. I thought it was supposed to be cooler but, I'll take this and be happy. I love the cooler weather and I always hate to see 80 degree temps in December.

Nothing much happening here. I've been busy working on a Saturday luncheon for about 60 Auxiliary members. I have so much to do but am having trouble just getting motivated. I think they call this depression...LOL. Funny when you can diagnose yourself and know the reason why. When December passes, I'll be back to my self for 10-1/2 months.

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Ann

Ann, I'm glad coming here lifted your spirits. Nice.

Judy, I wanted to add earlier,and forgot, to tell you how much I detest "fluffing" that stupid tree. We've had ours for at least 12 years, and we really should just replace it, but they are expensive! Anyway, I dread when he puts it together. I beg him to help fluff, but he's not a very good fluffer! LOL.

I wish we could have a real tree, but I have enough allergy, asthma, lc survivor, issues without adding the tree in that makes me sick every Christmas.

I decided against driving out of my way for KFC. The wind is howling big time. So I stopped at a quaint little market not far from home and got some BBQ and spicy wings, 7 layer salad, and some tuna salad that they make with a delicious twist to it. It is grazing night here!

MI Judy

Ann, we are always happy to lift people's spirits. When I was counseling and someone told me they were depressed, I'd ask what was going on in their lives. If they gave good reason (and sad unfortunate anniversaries would qualify), I'd assure them it was perfectly normal.

Judy, that grazing sounds good. Want to hear my crazy dinner story? Well, you all will anyway lol. I've had a frozen dinner, Thai noodles with chicken, in my freezer for a little while now. After I got it home, I saw it had a peanut sauce. Since I'm allergic to peanuts, I didn't eat it. But Stan's away and I love Thai noodles so--I took a benadryl and ate it. See, no hives. How crazy am I!

Have a good evening. I'm going to veg in front of the TV.

Judy in KW