Friday's Air

Joppette

Hello again,

Met with the Onc. nurse yesterday to get the treatment plan. It is Cisplatin along with Navelbine. One day one it'd be about 5 hours with the usual pre-drugs and Cisplatin. Day 8 would be about 2 hours with the pre-drugs and Navelbine. Day 9 would be a Neulasta shot. I haven't had time to look into these treatments, but from what they explained it sounds very similar to the regime I was on with Carboplatin and Taxol as far as side effects go.

I would have four cycles of this treatment.

The nurse made a comment about having a positive attitude about this all. While I love PMA, and try to live with it, I didn't have that the last go round with this chemo. It completely shocked me when I felt as bad as I did. I just didn't expect the bone and muscle pain, the metal taste, the complete fatigue, and the last complaint I remembered was tummy issues with gas and discomfort. I'm glad I kept my journal from back then so I can tell them about this now to maybe have medications at the ready for this.

She was right about the attitude though. I don't remember feeling like I had much choice? I think it hit me like a MACK truck and I just reacted to it all? But we'll see, just going to have to see what I can do about that mental attitude.

I did go to Gilda's last night. It was AWESOME seeing my old friends there. I managed to drive there, and then left my car, and R drove me home. I have a girlfriend that is going to bring me back to town today to pick my car up. It worked out nicely.

So, have a good Friday! The sun is shining here again and it's warm! Whooooo hooooo!!!!!

MI Judy

Morning All! It's my favorite KW kind of weather, high 82 and low 76. I kept the windows and doors open with the AC set on 79. Had to close up around 9 when the AC kicked in.

Stan's fishing again which is fine because I'm vegging again. I finally slept in til after 7. It's been awhile and I really needed it. Stan hadn't left yet when I went to walk and offered to walk with me. That was nice. Three days in a row sounds like I'm back on some small exercise track.

Judy, I'm glad you got your treatment plan. Wish I could offer more about what to expect but haven't done either of them. I do recall Cisplatin being a mixed bag--some handling it very well and some not so much so. I think of Ned when I hear Navelbine. He used to call it Navy Bean and had a very easy time of it. It worked for him for quite a long time. Here's hoping they work well and easily for you.

Am off to research relative weights of thin Dells and the Mac Air I was going to buy. My grandson is having second thoughts about his recommendation so think I'd better think about it some more.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in KW

I haven't been around much - am not sure why I've been so busy lately but it just seems like time is just going faster and faster. I have a new patient I'm driving to treatments, and am really enjoying her. A nurse once told me that only the nicest people get cancer - and I think she's right. I meet such great people! This lady is 85, just a lovely person - doesn't look a day over 70 and can run circles around me. I did get my tax stuff done, but now all our business insurance is coming up for renewal and that is always a chore.

MI Judy - am glad you have your plan in place. I had trouble with the Cisplatin and switched to Carbo, but I've met many people who have had absolutely no trouble with it at all. I don't know much about Navelbine but one of my phone buddy's is on it and seems to be doing really well with minimal side effects. If a good attitude counts - you will ace it!

KW Judy - I need to get myself in gear and get out there walking too. I have been using the weather as an excuse - but I have a treadmill sitting in the family room so that excuse is pretty lame.

Am taking a friend to lunch today for her birthday so better get a move on.

Happy Friday everyone!!

Good afternoon everyone!

I just got in from the farm, we had quite a crowd of kids today, and the animals were very happy to see them! It was very cold there so now I am under several prayer shawls eating French fries (how is that for a healthy lunch?). My daughter is leaving in a little while to head up to Boston to visit her boyfriend and her sister. She is not feeling well, so she is cuddled up next to me drinking Thera Flu. I hope it helps!

Mike, I have been dreaming of owning a bug since before I could drive. Unfortunately for the last 26 years I have been driving the complete opposite - a "mom van". I don't think I will ever get one, as it is my dream, not my husbands, but there is always hope! And, yes, I was a huge Davy Jones fan, I think most women my age (mid fifties) were. He was my first crush.

Judy in KW, for what it is worth, my son who is pretty knowledgeable about computers would always push an Apple product over a Dell.

have a wonderful day everyone -

Peace - Janet

Diane, am happy to see you whenever you get time to stop in. Sounds like you have a similar job to mine--keeping the paper or computer end of a business going. Depending on what's going on, it has made it hard for me to post also. You are also doing important volunteer work that I'm trying to work myself up to. By the time I get there, I'll be traveling again. I was taking an older woman to the local cancer group. She had had a couple of bouts with lung cancer but was cancer free. The group didn't do much for me and she got very difficult. My daughter encouraged me to back out of that.

Almost switched my mindset to Dell but a good business quality Dell will be almost twice the weight of the MacAir and it appears more expensive than the Dell with the features I want. Those are important factors for me. I'll talk to my son this weekend. He's for the Mac even though he can't afford one right now with his young family. I'm sure he'll help me cinch the choice I want to make anyway lol.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in KW

Janet, we posted about the same time and I got the notice of your post in my email. Maybe the french fries is a chemo thing. I had a lovely Asian steamed appetizer dish in Stuart last week and was still hungry. Guess what I ordered--yeah french fries. Before that, I also sent my husband to the resturant near our RV site in Orlando for some. And I was never a big french fry eater before. Sounds like our sons have similar tastes in computers too lol. BTW, the farm sounds much less attractive in the cold!

Judy in KW

Judy in KW - well it was French fries for lunch and now I just asked for a watermelon for dinner. The chances of my husband finding a watermelon in March in CT are slim and none, but my cravings are a lot like they were when I was pregnant!

And, no one hates being cold more than me, but I actually love the farm in the winter, the animals are all fluffy and cute and extra active, the air is crisp, it makes me feel alive!

I hope that watermelon shows up soon!