Thursday's Air

Bud Baker

Good morning, everyone!

It was 63 degrees when I got up this morning. Forecast high is 89. Summer is coming.

I gave my COE pass a workout yesterday. First, Rose and I got out and did a 28 mile ride on our tandem bike, riding down to Rocky Creek Park at Lake Benbrook, and doing a loop around the park. We did an easy pace recovery ride, it being a day after our first 50 mile ride on the bike.

535064_4017806971380_1467567140_3414763_1295115008_n.jpg

Then when I got home, I hauled the boat to Rocky Creek Park, launched it at the ramp there, and spent the rest of the day visiting a few of Benbrook's crappie.

bb9.jpg

Bud...where do you get your energy??? If you can figure out the formula and bottle it, I'll buy three cases today!!! I like the tandem bike.

We had more rain here last night and this morning. The forecast called for a rainy, gloomy day but the sun is out now and the rain has cooled things off, making it a really nice day.

I am having a really big problem getting motivated these days. I have two reports that I have to get written prior to June 1st. There is absolutely no reason that I shouldn't sit down in the evening and get these done and out of the way. For some reason, I just can seem to get focused on getting these done and I have to be in the right frame of mind to be able to write and to be creative with it. Anyone have any ideas???

Hope everyone is having a great day. I know we're all thinking about KW Judy and how we all miss her but....as I said before, I know she would want us to go on. I was thinking last night about how I will miss her stories about the traveling she and Stan did in the "coach."

Ann in Florida

I have said it before and I will say it again, Bud, your life exhausts me!! Yesterday I cleaned out the kitchen cupboards. That was my big excersise for the day! I understand what you say about the importance of excersise, I just haven't found a form of it that I like yet! Well, wait, I think walking the farm could count, right?

Ann, I can't help you with the motivation question. I am the world's greatest procrastinator. However, I think walking away and doing something you love for a bit and then going back to it may help?

It is a beautiful day here today. The sun is shining, not a cloud in the sky. It is still only in the mid 60s, but you can sense summer is on the way. The forecast says we will have this weather through Sunday and then rain from then until the following Saturday. I am praying that changes as I have all 3 of my kids coming home Memorial Day weekend, two bringing along their boyfriends and I really want to spend the weekend, meals and all, outside. Plus, a week of rain and our lawn will be a foot tall!

I am headed out to the garden center to pick out some new plants for my garden. Then the rest of the day will be spent planting and weeding. Sounds perfect! (and hey, that counts as excersise too right?!).

My husband just requested pasta salad for dinner - it must be summer time!

have a wonderful day everyone!

Peace

I think gardening and walking do qualify as exercise. All of ua are individuals and have different levels of energy, ability and interests! It is great that Bud can cycle, something he obviously loves. Sounds like Janet loves the outdoors, and flowers. Taking care of them, walking the garden center and planting all sound like activity to me. I have done some weeding and planting myself. I just have to know my limits. Cleaning out the kitchen cupboards is on my agenda, but I just haven't gotten there yet.

One of my sisters is also attending ASCO in Chicago. She works for SARC. Sounds like there is a lot of effort going into the cure for all types of cancer. Two of my sisters work in the cancer research field. And they were still stunned and shocked when I was diagnosed. It isugh on our families, as well as ourselves. Thanks for attending on the behalf of lung cancer, Katie B!