Thursday's Air

michellep

Good Morning! Moving a bit slow today. I think I'm getting a cold. Not surprised though because of the weather here. Someone told me to drink ginger tea with honey before going to bed. They said it will sweat the cold right out of you. Gonna try that tonight :)

I'm going to try my first batch of beef jerky today. They say you can do it either in the dehydrator or in the oven. Not sure which I will do, so wish me luck?

Weather here today is supposed to be in the upper 40's but with lots of rain. Still dry right now but the dark clouds are rolling in :( Better than snow huh?

Hope you all have a great day :)

Good morning Michelle. I read your post from yesterday, and I think a GPS is a great idea - I think it does us all good to get a change of scene once in awhile. Some of those 600 people must be women -- maybe there's a club or org you could look into joining or volunteering at? We used to move a lot when we were younger, and I remember how hard it was in some places to meet people.

We are supposed to be having a storm -- and it is snowing in the hills, but not here on the valley floor where I am. But it is cold!!! It's been a really cold winter seems like. I don't normally start thinking about spring this early - but I am really tired of being cold.

I have been scrambling to catch up on about 6 months worth of bookkeeping for the business. I can't believe I let things get so far behind - and am paying for it now. I won't do that again for sure. And there are lots of new cancer patients that need rides -- which I do so enjoy. You meet the nicest people.

I am looking forward to Friday! Have a good day all.

Good afternoon everyone!

Michelle, I agree, you should get GPS. I am not a city girl at all. I live in a town of 10,000 now and that is way too big for me! But, I have been asking for a GPS for when I visit my kids in Boston. Sometimes I get lost there for hours with all the crazy one way and wicked curvy roads! it is important that you feel you can get out, shop, see people, especially in the winter when the world feels isolating enough.

Today the sun is shining here, a welcome after a week of cold and grey. I know I live in New England, but I really really hate to be cold. I can put up with winter ok as long as there is beautiful snow all around, but just cold and grey, not so much!

I started back up at the farm Tuesday for the first time since July and all the chemo. It was exhausting and I have barely left the couch since, but it was so worth it!! I missed the kids and animals!

Scans tomorrow.

Peace!

save money on the GPS unit and hit a pawn shop for used one for a 1/3 of the retail price... good luck with Jerky stuff... HMMM!!!!