Scar tissue shrinks?

Rachel

WEll, I had what is called a good chest CT on the 13th. One thing does concern me though. What was first thought to be cancer was then diagnosed as scar tissue from radiation but on the CT I just had it appears to have shrunk!!! Is this possible for the scar tissue to shrink? Or am I actually stuck with more of the beast? Has this happened to anyone else? I will be headind to Portland, Or on Wed for PET scan & PCI so I will also talk to my Doc's down there. Another month of being away from home. Thank God my in-laws are in Or. They provide so much comfort to us.

I want to thank you all for being here. I don't often post but reading all the posts give me comfort. Thank You.

Rachel

Rachel,

I do not know if scar tissue shrinks, just wanted to let you know that I empathize with you having to go "Outside" for treatment. I moved back home from Fairbanks in '99 - I had lived there for three years. I cannot imagine what it must be like to have to travel BY PLANE to get to a treatment center...

Glad you have relatives you can stay with when you are "outside"!

Becky

aka Snowflake