Hello

Brenna

Hello, My name is Brenna and I live just outside of Boston. I am 57 yrs old. I was diagnosed in January after experiencing SOB. I had fluid in my right lung and they found the tumor on a CT scan. I started chemo 1/27 with Altima and cisplatin. There wasn't enough fluid for gene mutation analysis. I have a CT scan on 3/9. Hopefully the tumor is shrinking. This has all been a shock, but now it is one day at a time. I'm happy that I have found this support group.

Brenna

Welcome Brenna!

I"m glad you chose LUNGevity to help support you. This group is so warm, caring and intelligent. Please feel free to post in other forums as you see fit. We are here to support you. Please post often so we can help you in anyway. In addition to posting here, you may find our Support & Advocacy tab on the Foundations website helpful. Here is that link. http://events.lungevity.org/site/PageSe ... ndAdvocacy

Sending you hope, healing & hugs

Brenna - welcome. One day at a time is the best way to get through treatment, and it sounds as though you are doing well - and hopefully without too many side effects. I will be thinking positive thoughts that your CT scan on the 9th shows good results.

As Cindy has suggested, check out some of the other forums - I found the Good News forum especially helpful when I was going through treatment.

Please come back often and let us know how you are doing.

Hi Brenna. I grew up in Boston, Roslindale. I also am a survivor. I remember well when I was diagnosed and treatment started. It was very hard. For me it was well worth it. I was just 50 then, now I am 66.

Please keep us posted on how you are coping and doing.

Donna G