My father has a terminal lung cancer

Eliz

I'm Eliz from the Philippines. The doctor advised my father to undergo tissue correlation after the CT scan. It has not been proven that the tumor found on my father's left lung is cancerous but some doctors said it is a terminal cancer.

We cannot afford to buy all the necessary medicines and supply needed for his lung cancer treatment.

I'm confused and cannot decide on how to proceed now.

Hoping for your advise and support.

Thanks..

Eliz

Elizabeth,

So very sorry that your dad is in this position. Until he has had a biopsy there is no way they can be 100% certain it is cancer. Also a biopsy will tell them what kind of cancer it is so they know what types of chemotherapy they should use.

Hello Eliz,

Sorry for your situation. I think you should go for the second opinion. Don't worry for the money. There are some medical insurance which can help you. Be positive. 

Keep us updated. God bless!

Hi Eliz, I am sorry to hear about your dad. My dad was just diagnosed with lung cancer. They did CT and lung biopsy to confirm the diagnosis. His has spread to the liver so they took a biopsy from there also.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Eliz, 

You may have many more doctor appointments ahead of you. Here is a great place to start, this is a list of questions to ask to help get the answers you and your father need. http://www.lungevity.org/support-survivorship/asking-right-questions

As far as medications and their cost, please talk with your doctors Nurse Navigator about payment plans for treatment or you can always contact the maker of the medication. Sometimes they offer coupons or may even provide the medication to you at no cost. 

Cindy

Eliz,

Denzie's advice is right on the mark.  A biopsy (likely what your doctors are calling a tissue correlation) will answer the cancer question.

I'm not from the Philippines but I did a little on line research dealing with payment for medical care.  Here is a website I'd consult:  http://www.philcancer.org.ph/support/agencies-providing-patient-support/

You'll have many questions after your review the information Cindy suggests.  Ask away.  Let me know if you want me to look around for more financial resources that might defray the cost of treatment in the Philippines.

Stay the course.

Tom