Still Here after stage 4 NSCLC diagnose in June, 2013

Pugs

Hello. I found out I have stage 4 NSCLC in July of 2013. I have a EFGR mutation and I am presently taking tarceva. I am a 56 year old female. I smoke like a chimney in college, drastically cut back at the age of 23 when I was married and totally stopped smoking when I was 28. Now that Christmas has come and gone, I am taking a moment to be reflective, and it occurs to me that I don't know any one with lung cancer. I would like to hear the thoughts of others with lung cancer and perhaps share my own.

Presently, I am lucky enough to feel pretty good and to lead a normal life.

Welcome Pugs.  Glad you found us.  I hope you had a Happy Christmas. 

Sounds like you are responding well to Tarceva.  That is great news.

Glad your doctor tested for the mutation. 

Hope you missed all the terrible weather down there that has been on the news !

Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Donna G

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pugs, 

Welcome to the LCSC message boards. Thank you for sharing that you are a 2 year survivor! That is so inspiring! As far as getting to know people, have you heard about LUNGevity's National HOPE Summit? It is an amazing event. Last year we had over 100 Survivors! As a new member you may be eligible to receive a full travel grant. Please feel free to message me if you have more questions. I look forward to getting to know you and introducing you to all of the survivors we know! http://www.lungevity.org/support-survivorship/hope-summits

Cindy

Pugs,

I had Tarceva also but in 2005 before they realized it only work for certain types of NSCLC.  Mine was not the type.  When it works, I hear of dramatic results and hope yours are fantastic.  

You know some lung cancer survivors now!

Stay the course.

Tom

Yes do come to a Hope Summit, either regional or national. Its an amazing experience to hang out with do many survivors and listen as they share their stories and you get to share yours.