I never thought...

jkucharski

My wife of 30+ years (Alison) and I moved across the country to AZ in Sept 2015 for her work, and for me to continue recovering from another round of Pulmonary Embolisms.

Nov 1, 2015 I took her to a local ER as her "sore throat" was causing making it hard to swallow.  Nov 5th the massive tumors in her lungs, neck, and heart were diagnosed as small cell lung cancer.  Further test showed it had spread almost everywhere except her brain. 

At 56 YO, and an incredible future ahead of us, we are devastated.  My job now is just to make sure she's comfortable, and gets whatever she needs or wants. 

My issue is I cannot find a female Psychologist in the Fountain Hills \ Scottsdale area that can see her within the next FEW weeks (we want sooner than that) that also takes our insurance (Tricare West).

Any leads would be appreciated.

I'm a Tricare for Life guy.   When I had problems finding practitioners, I went in person to their practice office.  In discussion with mostly the practice administrator, I'd ask if it was the practice and practitioner's policy to discriminate against retired service members, people who'd dedicated their lives to ensure their freedom.  I would follow that up with asking if they wanted to read about their practice in a letter to editor discussing how the callous and ungrateful medical profession treats its retired armed service population.

One practitioner agreed to comp my wife's treatments till he could get his Tricare status established.  Three others I visited also became providers.

I think the key is, to show up in person.

Stay the course.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...